Chapter 5

Hayley and Rebekah had gone somewhere, and you were in the Mansion alone. You decided to take a walk in Bienville park, even though you knew it was a risky move, but hey, Hayley had gone somewhere and both of you were pregnant werewolves.

Once you got to the park, you saw Hayley. She threw a cup's contents onto a Vampire's face, and he roared in pain. She spun around, only to be faced with two more vampires. Suddenly, Rebekah showed up, snapped the neck of one vampire and ripped the heart out of the back of the other. You ran towards them.

"Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners" Rebekah muttered sliding the heart down.

A Few minutes later

Klaus threw a final body onto a small pile in the front courtyard while he berated Rebekah, Hayley and You for your behavior.

"This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril! Leave him!" Klaus yelled. Rebekah started walking toward the pile of bodies– one of them was still alive you could see that well and clear – but at Klaus' last command, she stopped.

"You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?" Klaus said.

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your children, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the children or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?" Rebekah exclaimed.

"I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control. I needed a spy, someone on the inside with me who Marcel would never suspect. So, I created a Day Zero and got there first. Marcel had just lost six vampires, thanks to your little murder spree, and he needed new recruits. So, I made the new one mine, before he'd had even a drop of vervain. But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart, so..." Klaus explained. And Explained more of compelling Cami, the bartender from Rousseau's and grabbed the vampire that was still alive, "And this one – I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight. Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good, because I have a question. Hayley, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place? Answer me!"

"Leave her be" Rebekah and you shouted in unison.

"You wanna know what I was doing? I was buying poison, so I could put your little baby out of its misery" Hayley answered. Klaus ran at her with vamp speed and pinned her to the door by the neck. She gasped for air.

"Nik! Nik! If You really love me, STOP! Let Her go!" You yelled, and at that moment he let go of her and Hayley coughed and spluttered, massaging her throat.

"Keep your hands off her! She is pregnant, for God's sake! All of this bluster about not wanting the children, and then the second she tells you she's ready to get rid of it? It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted" Rebekah said.

Klaus, calmed down but reeling from being confronted with his feelings, sat down on the stairs. You sat beside him.

"I gave Elijah to Marcel" He admitted.

"What?" You asked.

"Marcel was nervous. It's bad enough one Original returned to town, but two? His crew was getting antsy. He wanted Elijah gone, so... I gave him a peace offering" He replied.

"You bartered your brother?" You asked.

"You bartered our brother?" Rebekah asked at the same time.

"I have a plan. Gain Marcel's trust, dismantle his empire, honor Elijah's wish that the babies be born. I am executing that plan the only way I know how. If you don't like it, there's the door. See if I care" Klaus replied, he rose and left the room.

Later, You and Rebekah were sitting on the back porch of the house when Hayley came out and joined you.

"Thanks. I appreciate what you did in there" Hayley said

"Us girls have got to look out for each other. Moreover... I really did need to know whether he really loved me" You said.

"What is it with you two? You say you hate him, but the way you deal with him, it's so clear. Even when you hate him, you still love him" She asked Rebekah.

"I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone, deciding to quit them is like losing a part of yourself. But sometimes the hate is just... so powerful. Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed. He did it again, and again, and every time I found someone to care about. He just kept doing it until, finally, I stopped falling in love. He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sister. Until one day, someone was" Rebekah continued to explain what happened with Marcel in the 1830s.

Later The next Morning

You were drinking coffee in the morning when Rebekah entered the door and Klaus hurried down the stairs.

"You were right. The girl, Cami– she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about" Rebekah said.

"Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?" You asked.

"It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that" She replied.

"A witch" Klaus and you growled in unison.

"She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him" Rebekah said.

"Where is she?" Klaus asked.

Rebekah stopped to think, then looked confounded, "That clever bitch. I don't know"

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"She wiped my memory of the location. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?!" Rebekah exclaimed.

"I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home!" Klaus exclaimed.

"And your home is worthless without family. I am finding Elijah– whatever it takes. Are you both going to help me?" You asked.

"Whatever it takes" Klaus and Rebekah said.