BreadPitt: Hey gotta need to get ready. I need new pants for the job interview tomorrow

Notyourgirl: Okay. Aaah, I'm so excited for tomorrow.

BreadPitt: I'm nowhere near excited. I'm fucking nervous and kinda pissed. How could they call me on Friday afternoon for a Monday morning appointment? It feels like I'm their last-minute choice, you know?

Notyourgirl: Right. It's like a guy called a girl on Thursday evening for a Friday hookup? Because the other girl canceled on him?

BreadPitt: Fucking right. Now, I'm thinking to bail on this.

Notyourgirl: DON'T YOU DARE!!! Or I will never talk to you again. Now, move your ass and get what you need for tomorrow!

BreadPitt: Fine. Whatever.

BreadPitt: Later, notmygirl

Cobie smiles when BreadPitt sends her a waving-cat gif. Closing the chat window, she picks up her blue mug from her nightstand and takes a sip of her almost-cold coffee. It's when she catches a glimpse of a blonde girl from the corner of her eyes.

Rose is leaning against her bedroom door, eyeing her with a cup of yogurt in her hand. Her face is pale, and the puffiness in her eyes is evident that she's been crying a lot. But the way her sister forces herself to grin at her right now, Cobie knows that Rose prefers to not talk about her problem. She's looking for a distraction.

"Is he going to plan to see you at all?" Rose asks.

Cobie shrugs. "Dunno. At this point, it doesn't matter."

Rose walks to the chair behind her sister's study desk. Unlike Cobie, she won't want to touch the bed when she has food in hand, no matter how light the snack she's having. She used to criticize Cobie for doing those unspeakable things until she gave up. Apparently, Cobie is a hopeless case for her.

"Have you at least seen his face on a video chat?"

"Nope," Cobie replies, popping the p as she closes her laptop.

"Why not? It's so weird that you two have been talking for weeks but never done a face reveal?"

Cobie gulps the rest of her cold coffee, winces from the bitterness, and puts back her mug on her nightstand. After rearranging her pillows against the headboard, she leans back in a half-sitting position. "Because I know we're going to just talk until it gets boring. He lives a thousand miles away, how are we going to manage to meet up?"

"By buying a plane ticket?"

"Yeah right. And then what? He doesn't believe in long-distance crap, and neither do I. So" Cobie shrugs "no point, really. And I use a random chick's photo on my profile picture for him to daydream."

Rose smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes. "Why did you make an account there in the first place?"

"I was lonely, I guess."

"A sign to start dating again, no?"

"Maybe," Cobie replies while studying Rose's face. No matter how hard her sister tries to hold herself together, the sadness on her face is too obvious. Did she talk to Harry again last night? Does she want to talk about it now? Fuck it, Cobie needs to know.

"You cried a lot. Is everything okay?" When Rose only shrugs, she pushes, "Did you...talk to him again?"

"Yeah." Her sister nods. "We talked last night."