alternate ending

Chaos ensued once the crowd had realised you were dead in the hybrids arms. He was cradling your body so close to him, it looked as if he was trying to hide you from the world. Which, in a way, he was.

Technoblade didn't move from your side until he felt a golden item drop onto his lap, the hoodie-wearing gifter throwing around amounts of TNT to distract the butcher army.

For a second Punz hesitated, previously unaware of the identity of Technoblade's mystery person. In fact, not even Dream knew who you were. Techno's hands were still holding your head to his chest, so neither Punz nor Dream could confirm their suspicions.

The piglin could hear screaming and crying all around him, but all he could focus on was you. Your cold, dead body shaking from his sobs. Your chest that was no longer moving from your breathing. Your eyes, closed off from the world for forever.

What he would've done to see your eyes one more time.

He felt a whoosh and a wood-splintering thump next to him, mere inches away from where he was sheltering you. Quackity had dropped the anvil in an attempt to kill you both.

The voices roared in his head, louder than they had ever been before. They screamed for vengeance, for blood, for a revival. But all Techno wanted to think about was getting the two of you out of this hell hole. Looking around in desperation, he spotted Dream straddling Carl near a tunnel.

Hurriedly picking you up, he snuck you in his arms away from the chaos of the failed execution. Dream blocked off the entrance as soon as he had made it through, whispering to head down, there's a chest.

The piglin grabbed the horses reins with one hand, thanked the green man, and began walking to the end of the tunnel before Dream had the chance to ask the girls name.

Placing you as gently as he could onto the ground, he dug through the chest that was left under his name in the final control room. Gearing himself up, Techno heard footsteps echoing around the path behind him.

Standing up straight, he didn't even need to look to know who was now with him.

"I'd advise you leave, Quackity."

"We both know that isn't happening until you're dead."

"You see this pickaxe? I'll put it through your fucking teeth," Techno snarled, lunging forward to begin the fight.

I don't think fight is even an appropriate term, it was all one-sided. Techno killed Quackity within mere seconds, making quick work of the Mexican's empty threats.

He knew he had to move fast; totem's only worked for a certain amount of time.

It was crazy, but it was possible to be too far gone to be revived, and he hope that it wasn't too late for you.

Totems were extremely rare items, this being only the second the piglin had ever encountered, the first he wanted- needed to use. Although they were extremely uncommon, he had made sure to read up on them so he would know what to do in a situation like this.

Lifting your limp form off of the ground and onto Carl's back, he set off to find some open ground to try and revive you.

Please, hang in there. Don't be too dead. I can't lose you, Y/N.

The man-made tunnel eventually fizzled out into some paddock in the middle of nowhere. The sky was really overcast, threatening to pour down rain at any given moment. Techno hoped it would hold off until he had brought you back, then it could rain all it wanted.

He had read that when a totem is to be used on a dead body, it is to be put onto the chest and secured by the figure hand. Once completed, it should begin to glow and resurrect the person from the land of the dead.

So, he did exactly that. He gently lay you on the grass, placing the totem in your hand, then your hand on your chest. Nothing.

Almost immediately, a soft vibration rooted from the ground beneath you, the totem beginning to crack and shine.

Techno couldn't believe this was actually working; you were coming back to life. He couldn't take his eyes off of the gold in your hand, amazed that it wasn't a fake.

He was blinded by beautiful golden rays bursting from your fingers, brightening the surrounding scenery. It got to the point of total brightness that Technoblade had to shield his eyes.

The glowing abruptly stopped, and for a second he was convinced it hadn't worked. He almost didn't want to open his eyes in fear of failure.

Gasping and coughing, you reared back to life. Techno was kneeling by your side within milliseconds, holding you as close to him as he could.

"You're okay. You're okay, I got you," he whispered, tears of relief dripping down his cheeks.

You were too busy trying to catch your breath to understand what was going on; it was a given that with a chest wound your lungs would be affected. But that's the thing, you didn't have a gaping hole in your chest anymore. The totem had completely healed every injury on your body, except all of the blood it had left behind.

"What...the- hell...happened," you managed to rasp, heaving in as much oxygen your lungs would allow.

"You're alive. I revived you," Techno smiled, rocking you gently in his arms.

"That- that fuckin hurt," you snickered. Your mind was fuzzy, adrenaline pulsating throughout your veins.

"I love you too."

"Huh?" Your heart was beginning to beat back to a somewhat normal pace.

"You told me you loved me." Techno froze for a moment, a dark thought occurring to him. "You...you meant it, right?"

"Oh! Yeah. Yeah, I meant it, memories blurry," you sighed, your words slurring slightly.

"Thank god," he chuckled, pulling you impossibly closer to his chest.

Humming in contentment, you felt your eyelids begin to feel heavy. "Tech..." you mumbled, exhaustion hitting you like a brick wall.

"Let's go home, Y/N." The hybrid couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, joy overcoming all of his other senses. Everything had happened so quickly; he couldn't process anything but pure relief at the moment.

He helped you to your feet, looping a secure arm around your waist, walking you over to Carl. Techno held his hand out for you to use as a step, you wearily climbed onto the saddle, facing the wrong way.

"What're you doing?" he asked, slightly smirking.

"Get up," you grumbled, patting the seat in front of you, barely keeping your eyes open.

Swinging his leg over the back of Carl's side, you immediately snuggled yourself into his chest. You fell into a deep slumber almost right away, earlier events taking their toll.

Techno smiled to himself, remembering he had no idea where he was, but he couldn't bring himself to care. You were safe sleeping in his arms, and that was the only thing that would ever matter to him.

a/n: thank you all so much for the love on this !! go check out my other Technoblade fic ;)