sixteen

The sun had risen in its bright and early hours of the morning, waking the trio that had fallen asleep on top of you. Unlucky for you, you didn't get the chance to rest the night prior. You had too many things on your mind, plus you needed someone to watch over the rest.

During the night, Tommy had managed to squeeze your arm and use it as a pillow, your arm tingling until the break of dawn. Techno was still situated on your lap, barely moving at all for the entire time he was passed out. Phil was leaning on your other shoulder, but not clinging to you as Tommy did.

Phil was the first to wake, rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. He looked confused for the first few seconds, then the haunting memories of yesterday's events came flooding back into his mind.

"How'd you sleep?" You murmur, turning your head to face Phil.

"Better than you, apparently. Did you sleep at all?" he replies, pushing himself onto his feet to stretch.

"Couldn't, not with the adrenaline and these two bozos snoring my ears off," you snicker quietly as to not wake the others.

"Ah, makes sense. I hope I was too loud myself," he jokes, walking to the entrance of the cavern to scope out the scenery. Extending his luscious metallic black wings from behind him, he looks over his shoulder at you. "I'm going to locate Techno's cabin in the air, I'll be right back," he smiles.

Nodding as a reply, he runs out into the forest, pushes off the ground and soars into the morning sky.

Sighing in awe, you thought about how he and his wings never failed to amaze you. You absentmindedly started playing with the pink locks displayed on your lap, running your fingers along Technoblade's scalp. He let out a faint groan at the sudden pleasure, adjusting slightly in his sleep.

Ignoring the tingling butterflies in your stomach and the sudden blush on your cheeks, you continued trailing your hand through his hair. What you didn't ignore, was Tommy finally releasing his tight clutch from your arm and lifting his head from your shoulder.

Shaking your arm to relieve the pins and needles but keeping your other in Techno's hair, you made eye contact with Tommy as he repeatedly blinked to get the exhaustion out of his eyes.

"You look like shit," he grumbled, pulling his legs up to his chest and leaning his back on the rough cavern wall.

"Right back at you," you smirked, nudging his shoulder. His golden mane was in complete disarray, his clothes dirtied and crumpled, lines and indents littering his inner arms and cheeks, marks of a much-needed sleep.

"How bad do I look?" you asked, posing as if you were a model in a photoshoot.

"You have big fuckin' bags under your eyes," that's a given, "you're really pale," starvation and hypothermia have that effect, "you have goosebumps all over your arms," again with the cold, "and last you have a pig hanging off of you," he muttered, gently rocking back and forth.

"Mere moments ago I had two, so..." you teased.

"Hey!" he groaned, slapping your arm.

You were about to retort, but the loud swoosh of a certain hybrid interrupted your train of thought.

A swift nod of Phil's head was enough to know it was time to evacuate the cave and head back to the comfort of Technoblade's arctic cabin.

Gently shaking the piglin's shoulder, he weakly opened his eyes. "Hey, Tech. We are moving back home, okay? Do you think you can walk?" you asked, helping him push himself up. He handed you back your cloak, which you just wrapped around his shoulders. It looked disproportionally small on him, almost comical.