five

A harsh knocking on the door was enough to wake you from your unsettled slumber.

You felt groggy, your whole body ached in quiet despair.

Another round of rough tapping, followed by feet shuffling along the wooden floors over to whoever was on the porch.

You decided to keep your eyes closed and pretend to be asleep for now, thinking about who this visitor could be.

Maybe it was a guard who followed Technoblade here.

No! he said no one followed him, but maybe he was wrong...

Technoblade unlocked the front door, pulling it open forcefully, whisper yelling at the guest to shhhh, you'll wake her up.

"Good to see you too, mate," was muttered. You didn't recognise the voice, which was a good sign that it wasn't a guard you knew. You kept your eyes shut tight, hoping the newcomer wouldn't even notice you.

"I'm assuming she's asleep, that's why you told me to be quiet?" their voice was low, a breathy whisper.

"Yeah, she's on the couch." You knew that to be Techno's voice, presumably pointing towards your still body.

Light footsteps approached you but abruptly stopped by your side. Gently, carefully, soft fingers brush the hair out of your face, they make a wounded noise low in his throat when they see the littered cuts on your head. A few seconds after, they began to back away.

"Mate," he breathes, "who's this?"

"Y/N," Techno says. "I'm honestly surprised she's even alive, with how much blood there was I wasn't expecting her to make the night, let alone wake up a few hours later."

One pair of steps walked away, the other following behind. Two chairs being scraped against the floor, the soft tapping receded.

Remaining as motionless as possible, your strained your ears to hear the full conversation.

"Where'd she come from?"

"Don't know, she refused to tell me."

A slight huff from the guest. "How long has she been asleep?"

"Around twenty-one-ish hours."

"Alright, let's get some food and painkillers in her, she's awfully pale."

The chairs screech against the floorboards, footsteps echoing around the room as the pair move around respectively.

You feel the couch lower with weight, and a gentle hand moving to trace your eyebrow.

"Hey, mate," they say softly, "wake up for a second okay? Techno, grab them some water to take these with."

Techno grunts and obeys, shuffling off into the kitchen. He grabs a cup from the cabinet and fills it with a bit of tap water.

"Come on mate, let me see those eyes," you could practically hear the warm smile laced in their words.

Slowly opening your eyes, you watch as they pull a bottle out of a bag, opening it and pouring a few tablets onto their hand.

It took a second for your eyes to adjust to the beaming sunlight, a soft whine coming from your throat.

"I know it's bright," they croon, "I'm sorry, we'll close the blinds."

The man sitting next to you had flowing golden hair tied up into a rushed plait, dark green robes cascading down his body, a green and white striped hat placed onto his lap. His face held such radiating youth, but lines that could've only been caused by age. He also had a weirdly welcoming and comforting aura.