Lille was amazed, the bonds he had with his pokemon hadn't changed, but his work ethic certainly had. Maybe it was just the fact that Alola Ash was technically on vacation, but this Ash was very very motivated to improve. She figured she'd ask why when he finished his next move.

"So Ash, I gotta ask, you're so much more determined now than you were from my timeline? What happened in Sinnoh that made you this determined?"

Ash's mind went back to Paul when Lille mentioned his work ethic. For the past few months, suffering defeat after defeat, he swore to himself that Paul would never outwork him. Ash knew he wasn't ever the smartest trainer, but that seemed to be a good thing. Trainers like Conoway never really could beat him. But Paul rubbed him the wrong way on principle, the way how he treated pokemon and people went against everything Ash stood for.

Ash sighed and turned his attention towards Lille, "I have, or had a rival. He treated his pokemon terribly and almost killed a Chimchar he owned. I took it in, and now Infernape is one of my best. For Infernape's sake, and for my own, I need to be a better trainer than Paul, and that means outworking him,"

"Oh, I never knew you had a rival like that," Lille said

Ash's voice soured when Lille mentioned the term rival "Yeah, Paul and I always had a strange relationship, like he was always a step ahead of me and was just as determined as I was to prove me in his words, pathetic, but I wouldn't call him a rival, he was more of an enemy to me!"

Lille tried lightening the mood, "Well, I'm sorry you never got the chance to beat the daylights out of him, but knowing your team, I have no doubt that you would have sent him home crying!"

"I know, but truth be told, I was scared of battling him for a while. Because the last time I did, a lot of my pokemon were badly hurt," Ash said sadly

Lille shook her head, "Ash, you need to forgive yourself! Remember, you always told me in Alola to never give up until it's over. And for you, it seems to have hardly yet began! We're just getting to the good part in your story!"

Ash smiled, "You're a good friend Lille, thanks!"

"Anytime Ash, I'm always here if you need me," Lille said sweetly

"Well I think I'll take you up on that offer," Ash said with a laugh

Lille's cheeks flushed red, realizing that Ash was flirting

Ash had no clue that he was flirting, and instead just said the first thing on his mind.

"Wanna go get some food?" Ash said as his stomach started to rumble

Lille giggled, "Want to have dinner at my house? You can meet my brother and my mom"

"I don't see why not?" Ash said with a shrug

Lille's eyes widened, "OH! Ummm you're rivals with my brother, or the Ash from before was. So let me fill you in on all of the details,"

A few hours later......

—-

"OH MY GOSH! LILLE, YOU LIVE IN A MANSION!" Ash said wide eyed

Lille giggled, "That's exactly what you said the last time you were here!"

Ash sniffed twice and nodded in approval "Well, it certainly smells good, what are you guys making?"

Lille smiled at the praise, "A family recipe, you'll find out soon enough here!"

Just then, a boy with hair identical in color to Lille's walked down the stairs.

"Oh, Ash, good to see you! Never got to say congrats on the victory, that Serena girl was tough, but I do gotta ask, as cool as that Garchomp was, what exactly happened to your whole team?" Gladion inquired of Ash

Across The PokeVerseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara