"I would love to see you again, it's been a while,  just tell me when" I couldn't help but notice the hint of awkwardness in her tone. 

"What about tomorrow? Would that be okay for you?"This was going to be more awkward than I thought.

"Just send me your address then so-"

"I don't think you coming over is a good idea"  I didn't question her, she probably had her reasons.

"Then I will send someone to come and pick you up so that will be able to me at  my new house, would noon be fine with you?" I tried brushing it off without feeling bothered but I simply couldn't. 

My mind was roaming through different scenarios, thinking of any possible situation for why she didn't want me to see her apartment.

But I wasn't in the place of complaining about it, what if it was because she had already met someone else? Wasn't that what I had been trying to do? 

I had to begin to process that thought I wanted the best for her, I wasn't that.

Hell, how could the father of your abuser be the best for you?

"Uh, that would be amazing, thank you" 
Silence followed her last sentence that drew us in a way worse sense of the awkwardness of some moments before it was almost unbearable. 

"See you tomorrow then." I cut off the call and let out a frustrated sigh.

Why do things like that always have to be so complicated? 

•••

Morning came, I promptly emptied my schedule for today, taking a day off in a really long time.

I waited for her after. I had sent one of my security men to go get her by the chosen time, but knowing she wouldn't be here before two I decided that for once let my body rest wasn't going to be bad and went back to sleep

Eventually, after an hour I was painfully aware that I had tried to surrender to sleep while not feeling the slightest need of even closing my eyes for a minute,  I did my moving routine and went to the house gym.

Hoping to realise all the anxiety and frustration but it only helped with me being drenched with sweat and smelling like it.

I went to the bathroom once again and showered properly, putting something casual on.

After I tried to keep myself busy with any imaginable task the ringneck finally resounded through the house, and I made a mental note that if this was to ever happen again I would just work from home.

But the realization she was here, made all the delight go away.

I had been with the same woman for a long time after all, and I just wasn't used to doing something like that. 

I open the front door and suddenly her face came to view,  I wasn't exaggerating when I said that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on.

Her hair was different from the last time, she had long little black braids decorating the top of her head, she was wearing a small quantity of makeup, her plump lips were tinted with dark red lipstick and her eyebrows were coated with mascara, she was wearing a pretty white dress that made her look even more amazing. 

𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐎𝐔𝐒जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें