• 𝐈 •

Everything seemed better in another light, another angulation and the whole situation could seem wonderful when in reality is a nightmare

That was a good analogy to describe me and Andrew relationship, for many our "love" was taken as an example, many envy us but in reality, it wasn't nothing near to love.

He was an attractive man. He was tall, had dark blond hair and an athletic body, the hint of bread, the hazel and his clothing gave him an elegant appearance, that couldn't be denied but he was also selfish, spoiled and violent.

I fell for his trap, I thought it was love, I thought he was the one, thinking of my prior thoughts made me laugh, a really sour laugh. I couldn't do anything else but to laugh I was stuck, trapped in his cage he was a monster.

My personal devil, he made my life a living hell I thought he was going to make it better, but not everyone is able to keep their promises and he wasn't able to do it.

I made an unfortunate mistake, I fell in love with him. They say that hate begins with love and in this case everything was true.

I met him at my second year of college he wasn't much older than me just two years of gap although I always had a predilection for men way older than him he made me feel unique, he made me feel seen and I wasn't obsessed with large age gaps so I was perfectly fine with our relationship.

Our first months of the relationship were amazing, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world but things changed rapidly.

He was becoming more distant, we fought frequently and our relationship was falling apart.

I will never forget the first time he laid his hands on me, we were fighting again, apparently, the reason why we were falling apart was my "slutty behaviours" he was sure I was cheating.

That day the first time his hand harshly met my cheek, I would love to lie and say it was just caressing me, just showing me affection.

But the multiple times he did it made it impossible for me to lie, the bruises he left on my skin, the sharp pain I was feeling, it was undeniable.

I got up from the bad, the cold breeze from the window was brushing my brown skin making me shudder lightly.

I quickly walked in the window direction to close it, the sense of coldness was almost a distraction from the stabbing pain I was sensing, another day another livid.

I was having some difficult working straight but u did what I had to do, I dressed up and with makeup, I covered the testimonies of his violence.

"ELIDE" his sharp tone made me tremble, he seemed annoyed, and this annoyance could mute in anger in an instant, the scariest thing was that I didn't know how to make him unwind, there was always something new alimenting his rage, one false move and he snapped, all his frustrations was realised on me.

Without thinking two times I went to the kitchen, I was scared of him but I had more fear of what he was able to do if I'd ever pissed him off.

"I'm here" I said lowly avoiding his eyes.

Even looking too much at him made him mad, and I was trying every day to not be beaten.

Waking up every day asking yourself if that was the day where things were going to take a tragic turn.

"When I come back I want to see yours and mind bags packed." He said with a sharp tone.

"Why?" I was terrified of asking him questions but I had to, his answer was going to tell me if things were going to get worst.

"We are going on a trip, we are meeting my parents, will stay there for a month and a half."

His parents.

I never had the chance of meeting them, I never had the chance of meeting any of his friends or family members.

I was hidden from the world.

"Okay" I said disappearing once again in our bedroom to do what he told me.

I was not allowed to work, I had to stay home, he liked the thought of me depending completely on him but he wanted me to go out with friends for not making people think that our relationship wasn't anything but perfect.

Perfection, something human desire so much, the ambition of a stupid illusion that made our life unsatisfactory and flat.

I start packing his suitcases first, I knew exactly what he needed as if I was trained just do that.

Thinking of the fact he was going to meet his parents made me miss mine even more, yes, they were alive but the lived far away in complete oblivion about my situation.

I was scared that his parent was like him,  I hoped they could've been my freedom ticket.

I could tell them everything Andrew did to me, I was secretly accumulating proves of his abusive behaviours but my movements were monitored by him, I had to take myself out of this sick situation, as fastly as I could and they were my only chance.

I was not going to tell them everything right away, I wasn't stupid, I had to wait to see if they were the right people if I could trust them.

Andrew spoke highly about his mother, he admired her that what scared me, their mother-son love could blind her, making her believe I was the enemy.

But what about his father?

He didn't speak much about him, I found it strange but I was the last person that was going to question him about that.

I barely heard him speak of his father, he never showed a picture of him nor told a story about him.

If their relationship was bad his father could have been my escape.

Little did I know he was going to be so much more.