54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Well did you write anything down?" My journal flashes in my memory. Nobody except Tommy and Dream knows its contents, both of their discoveries were accidental. Tommy kept it when I was in the city, Dream saw it when I had left it in his room. Snooping is a habit I am trying to help him end. 

"I plan to burn it once we have everything out of Schlatt, besides, nobody would ever find it."

After all, who would look in a child's dairy? 

"Then no one will work it out! You're fine," she waves her hands dismissively and the issue flies past. Heavy footsteps on the stairs cause us to turn and see who was coming down them. Something in me lightens and darkens when I see Dream. I know what his arrival means, and what he's about to ask me. 

"You ready to go Y/N?" he asks casually, but I can feel the tension, out the corner of my eye I can tell Drista notices it too as she goes back to awkwardly eating her cereal. I glance down at my unruly appearance. 

"I'll be just a minute," I mumble and slip past him up the stairs to my room carrying the truth serum. 

I take my crown off and set it aside so I can take off my lab coat. I tut as I look at how much I had stained the sleeves in my mad rush to find the potion bottle. I eye the glass object that I had set aside with my crown. 

I check the mirror and notice that despite my efforts with my lab coat, my shirt had still been stained in some spots. I liked this one too. I dig through my closet finding another shirt, belts and other accessories. 

A/N: This is your outfit! (the sword is an axe tho :) ) Image from PERSEY on Pinterest

I take a deep breath to steady myself and set my crown on my head and loop the potion onto my belt. A knock at the door draws me away from the mirror. 

"Come in," I call. Dream steps in timidly, I catch a glimpse of the mask on his belt. I give him a half-hearted smile not feeling so joyous anymore. Dream smiles sympathetically back and opens his arms. I'm fast to fall into them, breathing in his scent through his typical green hoodie. 

"You know that if you need to step out of the interrogation you just need to say so," he mumbles into my ear comfortingly. I take another deep breath to calm my nerves. I wasn't even in the prison yet and I was reacting like this. 

"I know."

"How are you feeling?" he asks not letting go of me but pulling back to look at my face. 

"I don't know, a bit nervous I guess," I shrug not knowing how to describe it. I knew dread was sitting solidly in my stomach like a stone, but that was all I could place.  

"You're not going to be alone, Techno will be there, Tubbo will be there, Quackity will be there," he smirks and leans in until our noses are touching. 

"I'll be there," he grins cockily and I can't help but smile. He leans in and presses a sweet peck to my lips chasing some of my worries away. 

"Are you ready to go now?" he asks again.