54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 1

Start from the beginning

There it is. One of the three bottles is full of clear liquid, warm to touch from the blaze powder, and in one piece. I pick it up and hold it to the Redstone light in the ceiling as carefully as if it was a baby. It shines orange and green, like rainbows through the living room window in the morning, and is devoid of any solids. 

I bring it back to my chest in wonder, tapping the glass trying to work out how it has withstood the pressure. Running my fingers over the smooth side of the bottle I find the tiniest lump, like a mountain range running down the side. 

Glue. This bottle must have broken before and has been glued back together. I whack a hand to my forehead as I realise I could have just bought enforced glass bottles to withstand the pressure of my experiment. Fucking hell.

I had done it, I have finally done it. A smile creeps across my face uncontrollably as my joy overtakes my stupidity. I let out a strange, excited squeeze and dash upstairs not bothering to take off my destroyed lab coat. 

The door at the top of the basement stairs busts open with a bang as it hits the wall. I catch the doorframe with one arm to pull myself around the corner to the kitchen. 

Drista looks frazzled and I notice her bowl of cereal and the spoon she must have dropped on the floor when I scared her. 

"Holy shit," she mumbles bending down to reach her spoon. 

"Sorry," I say not feeling sorry at all. 

"What the fuck is going on with you?" she asks still looking slightly tense. I nearly jump up and down with excitement. She raises an eyebrow at my unusual excitement. It takes a lot to turn me into an overexcited child. 

"I think I've just crafted a truth potion," I titter and Drista's eyes widen revealing their pretty green colour, she brushes the gold curls off her face as she sits up properly. 

"Wait what?" 

"Yeah!" Drista's baffled expression only serves to make my smile grow. 

"But how?" she asks. I glide over to the chair opposite her at the table and hold the bottle tightly between my palms as I explain. 

"Well it won't force you to tell the truth, that's impossible," I start. 

"But it sort of makes you drunk I guess, kind of high too. So you're more liable to say stuff. The fermented spider eye is what gives you the truth stuff. It's poisonous to all animals, so I've manipulated it to react to changes in pulse and heart rate which makes your body hotter. When you lie, your heart rate increases, so when the poison detects the increase in temperature and then the poison kicks in causing pain," I grin wickedly as Drista slumps back in her seat processing all my words.

"Can it kill people?" she asks I hum in thought. 

"Like all potions, you can overdose, but I've designed it so that it shouldn't kill the person it inhabits. Effects should fade after a few hours," I frown trying to remember all the details. I'd have to get my book to keep track of everything. 

"Then again, we don't know how much of this Schlatt will be able to take, he's an alcoholic and he smokes," I huff irritatedly but Drista laughs furthering my confusion.

"It's going to be fun watching him suffer," she giggles. I shake my head at her young way of looking at the issue. So much like Tommy and Tubbo were, I think to myself.  

"I don't really want to use it," I admit, now it was Drista's turn to frown. 

"Why not?"

"Potions that are designed to hurt people shouldn't exist, they put everyone at risk once they're created."