Chapter-4

04|The Patterns

A/n:- Iam having a writer mood, so thought about nourishing my marshmallows with a small update.

~3rd Person

The darkness before the rise of the sun wasn't one's favourite. The birds chirped announcing the dawn in the way, the dogs barked warning masters about their retirement outside the walls of 'Seatherny'. Ridhima was at her most peaceful position of sleeping, but it didn't last for long. Sweat beads started forming on her forehead, her hands clutching the blanket on both sides, her peaceful sleep is now taken over by an unknown fear. Ridhima screeched thwarting the silence, tears started flowing her eyes in an unbroken stream, her cheeks and nose red.

"Don't kill, Don't kill," She cried within her sleep.

Rudra sat up upright with a jolt hearing Ridhima's cries. He ran towards her tried to console her. She kept crying out. Rudra took his phone and dialled for Ms Dsouza. As soon as she attend the call he cried

"In Ridhima's room right now!!"

She ran into the room opening the door. Analysing the gravity she moved towards the medicine box took a syringe, filled medicine, after checking her hand for a few minutes she injected it into her. Ridhima calmed and slipped into sleep again.

~Rudra

Those nightmares had started to haunt my child again. I had given her medicines still, she had those dreams. This time I won't allow her to break down. Her screams, her pleads, her feared face, everything is making me sleepless.

I won't allow those nightmares to torture her again. I may go to any extent to save her.

"Dad," Angre called me tapping on my shoulder. I turned to face him.

"How's Ima?" He called into question

"Dsouza had sedated her. She is asleep now," I mumbled shivering.

"Dad, how did Ima started getting those nightmares again," he explored.

"I don't know Angre, she had stopped taking meds for the last 2 days, but somehow I made her take media last day, but still," I cried out.

"From a few years she didn't even had a glimpse of those and how come sudden," he was confused.

"I'm not understanding anything Angre. I won't allow those to take my child's life once again," I cried out.

"Cool Dad. We won't allow any hazard to even come near her," Angre tried comforting me.

"Where is Badri, Angre?" I raised.

"He might be busy with any important stuff," Angre said nonchalant tone.

"Now Pyaar-E-Jaan is important. Phone and instruct him to book an appointment for Dr Satte," I announced.

"Ok, Dad," Angre agreed and turned his heels.

~Vansh

As the sun arose, Sia had taken whole home above her head. Instructing Daaimaa to put those there, correct those flowers, to clean those lamps. She had even invited event management to decorate our home. Unbeknownst to Us! I could only watch her tantrums sipping my coffee on the balcony.

After lighting the lamp and making sure everything is alright she clapped calling everyone.

"Badi Maa, Mumma, Dada, Bhaiyya, Sunny, everyone come down,"

"Letting you know our presence, madame," Sunny mocked her and she responded with a hard pat on his upper arm.

"Ouch," he cried.

"What's all here?" I asked looking at the decors.

She took a small plate with a lamp, two small bowls filled with saffron powder and rice respectively. One coconut, a small pot filled with water, with three rakhis and sweets Ghevars and laddoos.

"Sweetheart, today isn't Raksha Bandhan," I asked her perplexed.

"Haan, on next Raksha Bandhan I won't be here with you naah. So I thought about celebrating before my departure," she said innocently.

"Raksha Bandhan isn't anything to joke around Sia," Chachi schooled her.

"Mumma I'm not joking," Sia let out excitedly.

"Let it Chanchal, she did all these things single-handedly. Now don't let down her happiness," Maa requested to Chachi.

"Haan Jiji let her be," Chanchal shrugged.

"Love you Badi maa," Sia send a flying kiss to Maa.

Sia stepped towards me and made me sit on the sofa near. She did my arti and tilak. And put the rice over my head and tied rakhi on my hand. And we shared the sweets.

"Bhaiyya My gift?" She implored excitedly.

"Umm... You didn't inform us earlier so I don't have one," I shrugged.

"It's okay Bhaiyya," she said with a low voice and stridden towards Sunny. I curled my fingers over her wrist and took a wrapped box from my pocket.

"This one is for you. I bought this for your farewell." She opened the gift at the spot and looked at the dragonfly pendant.

"Bhaiyya, this is stunning," she remarked and hugged me.

She then stepped towards Sunny and did the same. He presented her with a bar of chocolate.

"I only have this," he scratched his head.

"As usual! But I love chocolate," she remarked.

"Sia why this third Rakhi?" Chitwan chachu examined.

" I bought this for Bhabhi. But next time," she cooed.

"Aww, how cute is my sister. At least she is thinking about my future," sunny mumbled.

"Oh hello, I am talking about my bhaiyya's to be wife. Not yours," she snapped back.

I could sense Maa's gaze on me, I preferred not to look at her. Our calling bell rang helping me free from Maa's gaze. Daaimaa strolled towards the door to check out.

"Siya, how did on earth we share the same genes," they continued their banter.

"My bad," she commented.

"Sia beta you have a courier," Daaima called her.

"I am coming Daaimaa," she announced and left. After receiving the courier she came back confused.

"What was that beta," chachu confronted her.

"Don't know Dada," she said opening the courier.

Opening two layers of covering she received a paper. Placing it aside she kept wrapping it off. She opened the last box. She moved back in a flash squawking, the box falling on the ground revealing the chopped pieces of a puppet and some red liquid poured on the toy. The white floors of our home are now covered with those stains. Sia still shivering out of anxiety and all shocked at sudden. I ran towards Sia and hold her trying to comfort her. My eyes then fell on that paper.

"Sunny, read that paper loud" I instructed him. He took that and read.

"For my Sister on her day.
With love, your brother,"  Sunny completed it astonished.

Everyone shared gazes confused and flabbergasted.

A/n: How was it??
Guys, I started receiving my writer blocks 🥴
But it's good for now as I will turn my mind towards studying.
So see you after February(only If My exam didn't get postponed)

And also Feel free to inform me if I made any mistakes on thaali and Ritual of Rakshabandhan.

And this update is dedicated to someone who celebrated her birthday 24 hours ago.
No need of mentioning her, she will be the one among the first few viewers.

I wish you a Very Happiest Level Up day Dottu aka Aayu. 🤧💖
Your life itself is a celebration, celebrate to the fullest 🙌