𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓅 𝑀𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻

Sunlight peeped in through the tiny hole in the wall and Anirudh flinched his eyelids. It was morning already. He found it hard to even stand after yesterday's beating. He shuddered when memories flashed in front of his eyes. He remembered how they had pounced on him. If the jailer had not come on time, he would've died. But what could he do? He had been so enraged at that particular moment that he didn't realise what consequences he would have to face.

Anirudh was a prisoner. He was in prison for two years now. He had been a barrister once but today, everyone knew him as a murderer. His hair were disheveled and long, covering his forehead. His clothes were tattered at places. He had turned apparently thin with a beard covering his face. His eyes held agony, they were heavy.

Anirudh glanced at his hands. A thin white cloth was wrapped around his palm. The wound was fresh. He moved it and winced in pain. It was hurting. He with a lot of effort picked up the chalk that was placed on the rough floor and smiled. His hand ached because of the wound and unknown to him, it started bleeding.

Tears rushed down his eyes. With his wounded hand, he wrote on the cold wall of the prison cell," Bondita"

Kya tujhe ab ye dil bataye
Tujhpe kitna mujhe pyar aaye
Aansuon se likhdun main tujhko
Koi mere bin padh hi na paye

The walls of his prison cell were painted with the white color of her name. He had written her name all over. There was no space left so he just wrote on the already engraved words. Writing her name gave peace to his wounded soul. He had been scarred from within.

Physical wounds would heal with time but who would heal his emotional pain? No one.

His eyes were laced with tears and he kept on uttering her name as he marked her on the walls. His palm was bleeding but he remained unaware. He gathered himself up as he moved on to the other wall. He smiled like a lunatic with tears pooling down his eyes. His hands were vigorously moving against the wall as he wrote her name. He was lost.

Suddenly, he heard the door creaking open and he looked towards it. A plate with the so called food was pushed towards his feet. Even animals would not eat such food which he was served.

The jail worker had come. He stood there at the door as he uttered giving a disgusting look to Anirudh, " Fill yourself up and come out. You will be going to a construction site for work today. Moron!"

He closed the door with a bang. Anirudh didn't pay any heed and pushed the plate away. He continued his ministrations on the wall.

Bondita was standing with a plate of food in her hands and she was eyeing Anirudh with an annoyed expression. Anirudh was sitting on his chair in the study. His fingers moved continuously on the typewriter.

Bondita moved forward towards the table and placed the plate on it startling Anirudh. He sighed and looked at her. She was so annoyed, he could make it out from her face. He chuckled and continued his work which irritated her more.

Was he not supposed to eat?

She frowned," Pati Babu!"

"Go away Bondita. Don't disturb me." he smiled internally.

"I won't!"

"Bondita..."

Before he could say anything, Bondita held onto his hands and pulled him up from his chair and he could see that frown on her face which made her look so heavenly. She dragged him towards the couch and then pushed him down, making him sit. He tried getting up but he halted in his tracks when he saw that prominent anger in her eyes. She could kill someone with that intimidating gaze alone.