[24]

[24]

KhalilI

Two days before scars birthday I went back to the apartment to finish up the birthday gift that I had in store for scar.

She requested two rooms,because she wanted a quiet room for herself,her own little world for a couple hours,she would say.

I took the top for the can of paint and covered the paint back up.

After I looked over the room I smiled at my work and got everything off the floor.

I left the door ajar so the smell could air out then went to finish painting the living room.

*
After I finished everything I walked down to my uncles house to get his car that I was using to take scars stuff to the apartment.

I parked down the street from her house and waited until her parents and sister left,although she already told them that she was leaving as soon as she turned eighteen I still couldn't be around her when they were around,due to the restraining order.

I pulled up to the curb by her house and ran up to her and grabbed her two suitcases and a box,while she carried the rest.

*

"You okay baby?" Every since she got in the car she's had this sad look on her face.

"no" she answered honestly.

scared of the answer I hesitated to ask her what was wrong.

she chuckled "I'm legally an adult now and I don't know shit about living a life like this,this the type of shit real parents are suppose to do they're the ones who's suppose to teach you"

"Not everybody's the same scar"

*
"I have another surprise for you but you have to wait until after dinner." I told her as I led the way to the small little dinning room.

"Lil how did you get all this stuff done so fast,the decor, lights,cable,water,heat?"

"My uncle helped me out by loaning me his car and money for most of the stuff"

She nodded "so how are we going to pay for everything you have yet to tell me"

"I got you,all you need to worry about is school"

"I'm so glad we signed up for online schooling"she smiled.

I nodded "me too,now eat up I worked hard on this food"

She laughed a real laugh and took a bite of her food.

After we finished eating I led her to the back room to her surprise.

"Now before I give you the big surprise I wanna give you this" I got on one knee and pulled the box out "now I'm not proposing but I will be in a couple of years,until then I will like to give you a promise ring"

I rubbed the back of my head and looked down at the ring,I felt bad that it wasn't one of those big shiny rings that all females dream of having,but it was all I could afford.

"This ring is a symbol of trust that I will place on your ring finger,I promise to always be there for you,I promise to give you the best,I promise to love you unconditionally,and most importantly I promise to help you soar..and be free" I slid the ring on her small finger then stood up and kissed away her tears.

"I love you"she blabbered through her tears.

I smiled "I love you too,now on to your next surprise"

I covered her eyes then slowly opened the door.

"Ready?" She nodded.

I walked in and stood in the middle of the floor,then moved my hands from her eyes.

She gasped as she looked around the room.

It was decorated a soft burgundy color,with brown lining,a chair was leaned up against the wall with a banner above it,it was a infinity sign made of birds with hakuna matata written in it,then there was a table in the corner with pens and books and a vase of roses
The floor had a soft black carpet in the middle covered in pillows with a large TV screen on the wall.

"Lil oh my god,it is beautiful and I love how the birds on the wall are being set from the cages,there free lil"she smiled.

I wrapped my arms around her waist "the birds are a symbol for you,because they wanted to be free now they are".

"Just like you" I whispered.

She shook her head "I'm not free yet,I have yet to learn the truth and how to live"

I sighed.

"Not yet but soon you will..happy birthday baby"

**

The fat lady sung,and it's raining pigs outside b/c I am updating twice today,whew!

comment &' vote I need y'all feed back.