Chapter 2 - new parents

Y/n's POV:

I was so excited I hadn't sat still all morning! Daniel our care worker had told me last week that today a lovely couple called Tony and Pepper were going to come and see me. I was hoping with all my might this meant they wanted to adopt me. I like the home I've lived in for the past four years despite how annoying the other kids can be, but I feel forgotten by the world here and since my parents died in the battle of New York all I've longed for is too feel loved by someone again.

*ding dong*

The doorbell! I froze for a minute while I heard Daniel let the couple in downstairs, I felt nervous for the first time that day. I suddenly became very aware of what I looked like and what I was doing, what if they didn't like me? I couldn't bare the thought. "Y/n! Come downstairs, the couple we talked about have come too meet you!" Daniel called.

"Coming!" I shouted back, finally moving from my rigid position. I ran along the hallway and down the stairs, speeding around the corner and sliding in my colourful socks on the wooden floor into the doorway of the living room where Daniel had led the couple.

"Wowee! That was fast y/n!" Daniel exclaimed as he put an arm out to guide me into the room and onto the couch opposite the couple. I grinned from ear to ear at the sight of them! Pepper was beautiful with long, strawberry blonde hair like a princess and Tony had a kind face with funny glasses.

"Y/n, I'd like you to meet Tony and Pepper who would love to adopt you if you'd like!" Daniel said. I gave them a little wave and shuffled a little closer; although I was super exited, I didn't meet new people very often and I was still anxious. Tony and Pepper smiled at this and Tony said

"Hey y/n, it's so great to finally meet you! Pepper and I have been looking forward to this all month, and as Daniel said, we would love for you to come and live with us. No pressure though." We talked for about two hours about what we liked to do and what we were all good at, they also asked me some questions about school and sports and other things until we knew each other quite well. I discovered that Pepper and Tony were both really smart and kind, I also thought Tony was very funny and he let me touch his beard! Daniel asked me if I could come and talk to him in the kitchen.

"Y/ n it seems like you get on really well with Tony and Pepper, how do you feel about them adopting you?" Daniel asked once I was inside.

"I really want them to adopt me, I like them a lot!"

"Okay great, well in that case if we get the rest of the paperwork signed today then you could go home with them tomorrow!"

"Really, already!" I couldn't believe I would get to be with them so soon!

"Yes y/ n, isn't that cool?" I nodded happily. "Well, go and say thank you and goodbye to Pepper and Tony and then I'll get one of the older kids to help you pack okay?" I ran out of the kitchen and back into the living room when I had finished talking with Daniel. I couldn't help myself, I generally always have quite a lot of energy but today I had even more because it was the best day of my life! I told Pepper and Tony this when they were leaving and their faces lit up, then Pepper knelt down to give me a hug and Tony picked me up for a hug, then he spun me around and put me back down.

"See you tomorrow, kid!" Tony shouted from down the driveway before he got into his shiny car with Pepper. I really liked their car and hoped they would bring it tomorrow when they came to pick me up, it was a cool shape with dark windows and it was black and glossy with gold bits near the wheels and on the door handles.