Once the class finished, she made her way out of the room, trying to hide her somewhat obvious limp. She wasn't used to this type of pain, and it worried her. She ignored her friends when they tried to talk to her, and went to her Spanish class. She sat down in the back of the class and went through her notes as the class began.

It was boring as usual, she still found herself zoning out. She couldn't focus at all. Whether it was the fact that her boyfriend died less then 48 hours ago, or the fact that she had lost her powers somehow, she didn't know. She didn't want to go to school, but the bail support officer said that she had to in order to comply with the rules.

"Kara." Someone said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Huh?" She replied, looking around.

"Are you paying attention? This is very important." The teacher said.

"Uh yeah.." She mumbled.

"Great, then you can tell me the answer to the third question." She said. Kara looked at the board and tried to find what question she was being asked to answer and was unable to find anything.

"What was the question..?" Kara asked.

"How do you say far away in Spanish."

"Uh.. Lejos de?"

"Very good."

Kara released her breath and started to write some notes down. It was a miracle that she had remembered what far away was. The bell rang moments later and she gathered her thing before making her way out of class. She headed to her locker and grabbed her backpack before exiting the school and starting her walk home. There was a specific path she had to take to make sure she stayed within the boundaries that her ankle bracelet confined her to.

"Hey, you!" Someone called out. Kara sighed and kept on walking.

"You're the weirdo that killed Mike, aren't you?!" They yelled, approaching her. She kept her head down and continued walking, her limp still prominent. She felt someone push her shoulders and she tumbled forwards. She felt pain run up and down her arms as she hit the ground.

"What a little freak." They shook their head before grabbing her shirt and pulling her onto her feet.

"You should be rotting in prison, that's where you belong." They let go of her shirt and pushed her back once again. She managed to keep herself upright this time.

"I think you should feel the pain that he did." They said. Kara turned to run, but felt a sharp pain strike her side before she could react. She fell back onto the ground and flipped onto her back. She clutched her side as tears welled up in her eyes.

She managed to contain her scream when she felt a foot stomp on her stomach. She whimpered in pain as she tried to move away.

"I didn't do anything!" She cried out as she tried to move away from them. Another impact to her stomach. She reached her hand up to her mouth and wiped off the blood that was pouring from her mouth.

"You deserve to suffer." They said before kicking her and walking off.

She laid there for a moment, trying to get over the pain that was coursing through her body. She eventually managed to lift herself up and started to gather her stuff.

"Kara! Are you ok?!" A familiar voice called out. Kara was unable to contain her tears any longer.

"What happened, darling?"

Kara looked up at Lena, her face covered in dirt, blood and tears. Lena reached her hand up and wiped the tears off her checks before pulling her into a hug.

"How did this happen?" She asked.

Lena was unable to make out the shaky response that Kara had given her, so she just rubbed her back to calm her down.

"I can't do this anymore!" Kara eventually said before running off as fast as she could. Which was more of a jog, as she wasn't able to move very well with her injuries. Lena decided against chasing after her.

Once she arrived back home, she blew past everyone else and headed straight to the bathroom to clean herself up. She removed all of her clothes and watched as the blood trickled down her body. She traced her hand over the bruises that were starting to form and clenched her teeth. She noticed that the skin around her eye was turning a dark purple, and that her vision in that eye started to get foggy.

She turned on the shower and waited for it to warm up. Once warm enough, she hopped inside and immediately regretted it as the water of the hot shower hit her injuries. She winced from the pain and turned the temperature down a bit before going back under. This time still hurt, but it was more tolerable. She lathered her hair in shampoo and conditioner. She watched the dirty red water travel down the drain as she cleaned herself.

She felt weaker and weaker by the moment and ended up sitting on the floor of the shower. She let the water pour over her head as she hugged her knees and started to cry. She heard a knock outside of the bathroom.

"Kara.. Are you okay?" Alex asked.

"Go away!" She yelled.

Alex did as Kara said, even though she wished she could do something. Kara knew she had to come out of the bathroom at some point, so she mustered up her strength and finished showering. She went straight to her bedroom from the bathroom and locked the door behind her. Alex was downstairs, so she had the room to herself. She changed into a baggy sweatshirt and some sweatpants.

Eliza called her down for dinner. She debated on whether or not to go eat, but was too hungry to pass up dinner as she didn't even finish her lunch. She kept her head lowered, hoping that nobody would notice the large purple bruise surrounding her eye.

"I made lasagna.." Eliza said.

"Thanks.." Kara mumbled as she made herself a plate. As she sat down, Alex noticed her eye and gasped.

"What happened?!" She exclaimed, putting her hand under Kara's chin and lifting her head up. Kara said nothing and pushed her hand away.

"How did that happen?" Jeremiah asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." Kara muttered, poking at the food on her plate.

"Please, Kara. We just want to help." Eliza said in a soft tone.

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" Kara exclaimed, raising her voice.

"Kara.." Jeremiah said softly.

"Ugh!" Kara groaned. She stood up in a quick manner before pushing her chair backwards and limping away.

"How is she injured? Isn't she supposed to be invulnerable?" Alex asked.

"I don't know.." Jeremiah sighed.

A/n: sorry for the lack of updates recently. I'm currently on vacation and this is all i've been able to make up. Hope you enjoyed :)