𝖤𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 : 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖣𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆 𝖨𝗍'𝗌 𝖮𝗏𝖾𝗋

"I died?" Ria belted in disbelief as she was ushered right inside the captain's cabin for warmth. "I do remember drowning but I didn't know I died."

"Cielo burned herself to ashes to revive you," Kai cooed, stroking the young phoenix perched on his knees. "We're just glad that you're all safe now, Ria."

"Darling," Taehyun addressed. "Are you hurt? Do you have unattended cuts whatsoever? Tell me so we could do something."

"I think I'm fine. Although I believe that I saw a silhouette of a woman in the water earlier-"

"That was Blue," Yeonjun chirped as he leaned against the doorway. "She tried to save you but you were no longer breathing when she brought you to us."

An elderly mage marched forward. "Thank you, miss. For your bravery and determination. If it weren't for you and these five young men, we would've already drifted to different places at this point."

"You gave us a new reason to hope," a teenage boy smiled. "For a better tomorrow."

Ria blinked in fluster. "Did all of you make it on board? Did we leave a man behind?"

"No," Beomgyu shook his head. "Everyone's here."

"Why don't you stay with us?" Soobin suggested. "After all, no one's coming back to their former settlements, no? Because I'm not. Besides, we've all done our part. You deserve to live a magical life, Maria."

"I'd love to, but.." the girl worriedly fiddled with her thumbs. "..I don't want to leave my world and my family behind. As cruel as it is, but I don't belong here. I belong there."

The mages and guardians lowered their heads in dismay. Soobin sadly nodded while Kai hugged Cielo to ease his disappointment. Yeonjun bluntly clicked his tongue, Beomgyu raked through his hair, and Taehyun took Ria's hands in his. The girl gazed out of the window. The sea was calm. The cat's eyes were long gone and the clouds had already parted to flaunt its clear blue color. Sea birds flew past the white sails and the Island of Garyn had faded into the horizon. They had done it. They had saved the magical guild and was able to keep the cat from unraveling its curse throughout the universe.

Ria heaved a great sigh. She never thought she'd lose her life in this fantastical realm neither did she expect to live again. She cupped her face as she yearned to go back home. The city, the neon signs, the passing cars, the comfort of her own dark room. She didn't realize how much she missed everything. Even if she wanted to stay in this whole new world, she didn't want to simply forget about the one she had grown up to.

"I want to.." she hesitantly mumbled. "..go home. Now that it's all been done. My parents, they must be looking for me."

"Don't worry," Taehyun soothed. "I froze the time so they wouldn't notice your absence. Everything that's happened here will be just a blink of an eye in your dimension."

"Do you really have to go?" Kai asked. "Please, don't leave. Stay a little longer."

"I've done my part," Ria bitterly smiled. "Plus, I didn't come here to stay for the rest of my life. Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll all meet again, yes?"

"Maria."

She looked up at Beomgyu who had dropped on his knees to give her a tight embrace. Yeonjun and Soobin joined the huddle and wrapped their arms around the two. Taehyun simply watched as Kai teared up. The mages linked hands and formed a wide circle to prepare a safe portal for Ria to travel past. The five boys parted and moved back to witness the rest of the guild mutter a fast chant. A fine line of blinding light spread across the floor, as if they were tree roots coming to touch Ria's feet. The girl remained seated, her body stiffening as the magic neared her figure.

"Relax," Yeonjun smiled. "Everything's fine."

"Promise to pay a visit?" Soobin wished.

Ria slightly laughed. "Hopefully."

"Take care, Maria." Beomgyu waved, a treacherous tear rolling down his cheek.

"Please be okay." Kai chirped. "We'll miss you."

"Farewell, darling." Taehyun blew her a kiss. "I'll do my best to sneak around."

As Ria waved at them goodbye, a bright pit suddenly opened beneath her feet. She gasped as it gradually engulfed her body, her limps slowly fading into nothingness and her head slightly spinning. Panic took over her senses as she sank deeper but everyone else just watched as she did. Kai looked away as he quietly sobbed. Taehyun closed his eyes to ease the heartache.

PING!

And just like that, she had once again vanished.

***

THUD!

"Augh!"

Ria grunted as she stumbled back inside her dark bedroom. It was still relatively dark outside, with the full moon sending silver beams through her window. The house was peaceful, although she could hear her parents argue from the other side of the door.

She hoisted herself up, one hand over her forehead as she winced. Her room was a mess. The glass pane was partly open. Pieces of canvases littered the floor. Paint tubes rolled underneath her study table. Her chair had been knocked over. Her round paintbrush sat still on the sill however. Ria moved forward to pick it up. Just like before, it still had its magical shimmer. As if it was her only existing souvenir to remind her of the world she had once visited and saved.

"Guys," she breathed and instinctively turned around.

Behind her was the same portrait she had used to create a portal. To her surprise, it perched perfectly on its easel and on its white surface painted a magnificent picture of five men, smiling. They stood at the very meadows she had fallen into, shoulder-to-shoulder as they held up a palm as though they were waving hello.

"Aw," Ria's heart clenched as she walked around the canvas. "Wait, what?"

Her brows furrowed as she reached the back part. Scribbled in red, there was a note written in an angry, harsh font. Ria's breath hitched as her chest squeezed in fear. It wasn't all over apparently, as someone somewhere had to turn her dreams into a series of nightmares.

"I'll get you soon," she fearfully read. "Misfit."

[To Be Continued]