𝗑𝗂𝗏. 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝖠𝖻𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖶𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋

"Taehyun, my savior!" Blue instantly reached out to him in fear. "Help me!"

"Ria?" The blonde mage sauntered towards the mermaid and smoothed her frizzy hair. "What did you do?"

"Oh, so we're taking sides now?" Ria held her waist. "Look, I don't care if she's our guest whatsoever. She straight up belittled me."

"I never belittled you!" Blue wailed, beads of white pearls rolling down her cheeks. "You were the one who disrespected a frail sea creature right above her own territory!"

"Excuse you?"

"Humans like you should've never had the rights to cross my home! You disgusting, opportunistic, scoundrels!"

Ria puckered her lips in annoyance. Taehyun shook his head in dismay before pulling Blue straight into his chest. The sly mermaid pretended to hiccup. She buried her nose onto the male's dress shirt, shooting magical tears from the corners of her fluttery eyes. The rest of the crew had already marched out to hear more. Yeonjun casually snacked while Beomgyu and Soobin peeked through the door. Kai remained on his high spot, eavesdropping. Tension gradually rose in between the three and Ria, being the prideful one, knew better than to apologize. She diverted her gaze elsewhere, mouth tight and shut. Taehyun rolled his amethyst eyes in irritation.

"Maria," he sternly addressed. "Say sorry."

"What? Taehyun, no-"

"Didn't I tell you to be considerate? She's hurt, can't you see? How is she supposed to recover when you're giving her something to stress about?"

Ria's eyes began to sting. "Listen, you're being unfair, Taehyun."

"Are we seriously going to argue tonight?" Yeonjun interrupted with a scowl. "All three of you, drop it. Honestly, we're in the middle of the Cassiope Sea. Now's not the time to be this childish."

"You don't understand!" Blue sobbed desperately as she clutched on Taehyun's collar. "This woman, she embarrassed me!"

"Well maybe if you kept your mouth shut-"

"I was merely sitting on this barrel, minding my own business!"

"No," Ria opposed, her cheeks now turning red. "I was minding my own business when you grabbed my attention. What was I doing in your territory you say?"

"Lies! Lies! Lies!" The mermaid sobbed harder, her tail slapping against the cold floor. "How can a wee mortal be this terrible?! Who raised you, Maria?! Where's your humility?! Your manners?!"

"Enough," Taehyun gritted. "Ria, please. Apologize at once."

"WHY DON'T YOU TELL HER TO APOLOGIZE FIRST?!" The girl finally snapped. "WHAT?! JUST BECAUSE SHE'S HURT, AND CRYING, AND SHAKING IN YOUR ARMS, YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE HER SIDE WITHOUT HEARING MY PITCH?!"

"Darling-"

"OH, DON'T DARLING ME! YOU CAN'T DARLING YOUR SHIT OUT OF THIS MESS, TAEHYUN!"

"Ria," Yeonjun cautiously grabbed her arm. "Calm down."

"NO, LET GO OF ME! I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS SHIT, YEONJUN!"