𝗂. 𝖨𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖭𝖾𝗐 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽

"AAAAAAAAHHH!!"

Ria plummeted down from the sky and landed of the soft grass, creating a nasty thud. The glowing portal closed to oblivion. Its disappearance startled Ria as she didn't know where it brought her. Dazed and confused, she sat up.

"You toe-sucking, son of a bitch." She cussed, hands on her waist. "Where am I?"

The sky was blue. White clouds drifted across the heavens like a ship wrecking the ocean, casting shadows to the ground. The sun peeked from a giant clump of nimbus, its rays shying to bless the summer's land. Gentle breeze blew, tickling the blades of rogue weeds, making them sway like lady's skirt. Daisies, poppies, and dandelions dotted the green fields in alternating hues. Ria spun. Behind her stood an old, oak tree. One of its branches stretched to hold a brittle swing. Farther to the horizon painted the hazy silhouette of the mountains. No place in her city could possibly match the magnificent picturesque, hence Ria figured that she might have been dreaming.

"Phone.." she muttered. "..where's my ph-"

Glancing down to her apparel, she noticed that she was now wearing a two-toned cottage dress. Its brown and grey fabric made her feel as if she was a peasant girl dwelling in the mid-century. Ria pulled the hood over to shield her face from the sunbeams. She decided to take a walk around.

She traced an invisible path. She barely trusted her instincts, but she kept going. Her mind bursted into a thousand theoretical bubbles, trying to junction a hint or two. She didn't want to believe that all of this was real; however, she was also certain that she was wide awake.

"No, because what if I got isekaid?" Ria tapped her chin. "That portal sure didn't just dump me here for no reason and if that's the case, then.."

A loud gasp escaped her lips as she froze.

"I am the main character!" She fist-pumped. "Holy shit. What do I do? Where do I go? Who do I meet? Fuck."

Ria sprinted forward. To her relief, she spotted a small community downhill. Judging from its infrastructures, Ria assumed that she was in a medieval era. She smoothed her clothes and marched, wary of the foreign crowd.

"Woah.." her irises sparked in wonder. "..funny how all dreams come true."

Everything was made out of cobblestone, bricks, and dark spruce. Houses and boutiques were cramped into tight builds, segments and extra rooms protruding out of walls. The area basked underneath the morning sun. People flocked here and there. Merchants occupied the pavements. Carriages and wagons crossed the rough roads. Voices were a shrill, calling potential customers to dote on a variety of items. Fish, meat, dairy, spices, fruits, vegetables, medicines, jewelries, and textile-you name it. It was one typical marketplace; nothing more, nothing less.

"Not gonna lie, my back still hurts.." Ria breathed. "..how did I even survive that fall, Jesus Christ."

She eyed a newly-opened bakery. A stout, middle-aged man emerged from the front door, carrying a tray of freshly baked loaves. Ria tugged on her hood and approached him.

"Hello, good morning." She greeted. "Do you-"

"Ah, what lovely customer!" He chirped. "Here for the pastries, yes? Perfect. This one just came fresh out of the kiln-"

"No, uh.." Ria scratched her cheek. "..I'm not buying anything, I'm sorry. I just need to know where I am and what year it is."