Chapter 6: Wow his house is amazing!

“So I just realized that we didn’t even ask how old you girls were.” Patrick said as he glanced in the rearview mirror.

“I’m 20.” Kenadee said. “and I’m 21” I added.

“Nice. I’m guessing you girls know how old we are. Right?”

“Well, I don't know off the top of my head, but I’m sure Cope knows!” Kena laughed.

“Yeah I do know. Kaner, you're 24 and Crow, you're 28.”

“Wow.” Corey said. “What else do you know about me?”

“Well, I know that you were born in Montreal and grew up in Chateauguay. You played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. And I know that when you first started playing hockey that you were a center. Obviously I know a lot more than that but those were just the first ones that came to mind.”

“Jeeze! When did you even have time to memorize all this?!” Corey said surprised.

“She doesn't really have much of a life! All she does is watch hockey and obsess over you guys!” Kena giggled.

I reached around the seat and smacked her arm. “Owwwwww!!!!!” She practically screamed.

“You basically do the same thing as me dude!!!!!” I replied.

“Touché.” She admitted.

“WAIT?! CROW YOU USED TO BE CENTER?!” Kaner screamed.

“Are you serious!? You didn’t know that!?” Corey asked.

“NO! I had no idea!”

“Wow! You think you know someone!”

“Okay so now that we have that established. I was thinking of watching a movie when we get back to Crow’s place. What do you think about that girls?”

“Sounds good to me!” I said. Kenadee agreed with me.

“Hey Kaner you wanna watch Ouija?” Corey asked.

“Sure! You know I love those kinds of movies!” Patrick cheered.

“What kind of movie is that? I’ve never heard of it.” Kena asked.

“Oh, you’ll see. I’ve seen it before, its a really good movie.” Patrick replies.

“Ok.” Kena and I both reply.

We spent the rest of the drive back to Corey’s place talking about our families and friends and how long we’ve been interested in hockey. It only took about 25 minutes to get from the UC to Corey’s house. When we got there, both Corey and Patrick got out and ran to the other side of the car to open the door for us to get out. Did I mention that they are definitely the sweetest most caring guys I’ve ever met? As we got closer to the front door, Corey pulled out his keys and went up and unlocked it. He opened the door and let us in. I started to look around, he had everything Blackhawks! A signed and framed 1961 Stanley Cup Bobby Hull Jersey, his William M. Jennings Award, every kind of Blackhawks snap-back ever made, and many… many more things. Then he brought us down into his basement, the walls painted bright, Blackhawk red with two white stripes and a black one in the middle of those stripped along the entire perimeter of the basement. In one room he had a giant 9 foot by 9 foot painting of the Indian head on one wall, and hundreds of pictures of him either holding the Stanley Cup or with legendary hockey players like Bobby Hull, he even has one of him with sports announcer Pat Foley. As we went through his basement we eventually got to his movie room. It had red, white and black leather recliners lined up in 3 rows of 4 on one side of the room and on the other it had a 8 foot by 12 foot screen. Corey walked up behind the chairs and opened a large display case full of DVD’s. There were probably thousands of them! He scanned them until he found the one he wanted. Corey pulled it out of it’s rightful place in the holder and tossed it to Patrick.

“Thats it right?” Corey asked.

“Yep.” Patrick responded.