Chapter 35: The flight

***

We were walking through the airport towards the gate when someone ran up behind me.

“Hey Cope!” Kena squealed.

“KENA!!!” I screamed.

“How have you been!?” She asked.

“I’m doing great! I moved in with Corey!”

“OMG! Really!? I moved in with Patrick a couple weeks ago!”

“Nice!”

Patrick walked up behind Kena and wrapped his arms around her, and kissed the side of her head.

“Awww!!! Aren’t you too just the cutest thing ever!” I said.

“Aw thanks!” Patrick replied.

We got on the plane and sat down. The plane took off about 15 minutes later. It was about a 2 and a half hour flight. We were sitting in first-class with all the other Blackhawks’ guys. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep sometime throughout the flight because the next thing I remember was being picked up and carried off the plane. I slowly opened my eyes to find my self sitting on Corey’s lap while he sat on the couch watching TV in the hotel we were staying at. I looked up at him, at first he didn’t notice that I was awake but within a couple seconds, he looked down at me.

“Hey, you're awake.” He exclaimed.

“Yeah. How long was I asleep?” I asked.

“Um… well we got on the plane and I started talking with Q, and the next thing I knew, you were asleep leaning on my shoulder. Then about an hour and a half later, the plane landed. You were still totally passed out, so I just decided to let you sleep. I picked you up and carried you off the plane and we got into the car and we drove to the hotel, which were we are now. So i’d say you’ve been asleep for a good 3 to 4 hours about.”

“Wow. What time is it?” I asked

“I think its about 4:30.”

“Corey?”

“Yes?”

“Don’t you have game to play in and me to be watching?”

“Oh yeah!!! Uh… we should probably go soon.”

“Ok, i’m gunna go get ready.” I said as I sat up and walked into the bedroom.

I opened my suitcase and pulled out my make-up bag and my outfit. I was gunna be wearing Corey’s jersey… obviously, and my favorite blackhawks leggings. I took of the sweatshirt I was wearing and put on the outfit. I grabbed my make-up bag and walked into the bathroom. I put on my black eyeliner and mascara.

“Oh come on Cope. You don’t need that.” Corey said as he tried to take the make up out of my hands.

“Uh, ya, I do. It’s more of a self-consciousness thing tho.” I replied.

“No, you honestly don’t need it. You look beautiful just the way you are.”

“Well thank you, but i'm still putting on my make-up.”

“Ok fine. But we need to go. FYI”

“Ok, i’ll be ready in a minute.”