Blue

*at school the next day*

Rain lashed outside as Kree observed it, September stayed home that day and Derek was helping out with the schools café so in other words he had no friends to talk to so instead he listened to the thundering rain outside that in a way reminded him of himself.

Suddenly a book sad gently on his desk a girl pulling her chair over and sitting on it backwards to face him, it was the girl with the blue hair from the bus, "Hey, Kree right? Your Derek's friend." Kree nodded shyly.

Getting a better look at her he noticed a slight heterochromia, on the bus not her entire face was visible but now being able to see it was much clearer that one of her eyes where green, he blushed she was beautiful, "I like your shirt, guess you listen to rock huh? My favourites Get Scared." Kree smiled gaining a little confidence, "Oh, yeah Get Scared's great." he hummed as he watched her open the book she threw down on the desk.

It was full of class notes and minorly creepy characters from fiction glued into pages with information and either blurry or unfocused pictures in bits and places as well that had clearly been taken with a camera, speaking about the camera he saw her pull it out and sit it on the table, it looked expensive.

"So what's your favourite song hmm?" She smiled, Kree looked down at his phone, "Break.. Oh, by uh Three-"

"Three Days Grace? God I love that banned." She hummed as she flicked through the many pages, Kree smiled liking the fact that she sort of steered the conversation, "Mine is Keep Myself Alive by Get Scared."

"That ones a great one too." suddenly something caught Kree's eye, "The Slenderman?" he hummed to what he thought was himself. "Oh you know about that myth?" Kree nodded nervously laughing, "Yeah.. I know.. A bit."

She smiled "So you know of slender sickness?" Kree thought to himself, that's what Derek was talking about. "A small but yeah." flicking through the book she turned it to Kree; "So you're aware of proxy's right?" Kree shook his head, "Well in traditional English it is a word to refer to someone who is speaking for someone else, like a henchman of sorts?

So The Slenderman has Proxy's which are people he manipulates into doing his bidding in a more so cryptic way, you remember that case of the kid who tried to burn down his neighbourhood?" Kree nodded desperately, "Y-Yeah, Uh.. Tobias? Rogers, Yeah Tobias Rogers."

She smiled, "Yeah well people think he's one of those proxy things! and that he's actually alive somewhere, Cool right?" Kree cringed, "I mean I'm all for believing in Slenderman but don't you think talking about someone's misfortunes in the context of some hoax sickness that's clearly fake is insensitive." The girl only looked away, "Your no fun Kree." laughing it off slightly she closed the book.

"Anyways, want to hang out with me at lunch? I was going to head to the bakery down the street from the school for donuts. My treat." Kree smiled, "Sure." with that she moved the chair back and picked up her book stuffing it into her bag, "Well I have to leave now the bells gonna ring and I have to be in Home Economics for a good head start.

Waving her off Kree fiddled with his thumbs, his face clearly hot "Fuck." he whispered to himself.

As the bell rang Kree stay seated as his class so happened to be his current, soon enough came in Derek taking his usual seat behind Kree, Looking over face still hot during the free time they had while the teacher was down at the printer he asked in a hush tone, "Hey Derek, you know that uh, girl with the blue hair and heterochromia?"

Derek looked up at the blonde boy from his books, "Yeah?"

"What's her name? I said I'd go eat with her at lunch and I forgot to ask for her name." Derek looked at him with a piercing glaze, something about the look felt? Jealous, "Skye or something, Skye Limming? she's the leader of the music club."

Kree face planted into the window sill, "I have no chance with her." Derek snarked before looking back down at his book "Maybe that's a good thing." looking over Kree cringed, "What is with you? You act all weird with me, you gay or something?" Derek paused before closing his book.

"If the teacher asks where I am tell her I'm studying in library, she wont mind." Reaching his hand out slightly before retracting it Kree felt weird, why was everyone weird today?

later when the bell rang through various periods kree got up and left, making his way to the library he felt a pile of dread in his stomach, "Hey Kree?" looking behind him he saw Skye.

"Oh Skye, could you wait a second I think I upset someone and I just want to make sure he's alright." Skye nodded before walking beside Kree taking his hand, "I'll come with, your a good person Kree I'm sure your friend is alright." smiling Kree didn't protest and reaching the library he looked in to see Derek laying his head on the desk, using his arms as pillows.

It was unclear if he was crying or not but Kree waisted no time, letting go of Skye's hand he approached tapping his back, as he looked up Kree's throat felt horse his face covered in tears, red from how much he had cried.

"Derek I'm sorry.." Standing up Derek looked at him tensely, "What? Come to sit and pity me because I'm.." he looked away back at his tear stained sketchbook, Kree grasped his hands gently, "Look I don't care what you like Derek, I just."

"What? Your just what?" Kree felt his worries somehow wash away, however for Derek he prepared himself eyes stinging, he knew what was coming "I-"

"No, Kree. I don't want to hear those fucking words. Don't say it please." Kree looked down letting go rubbing his arm, "Just leave me alone." Derek began to sob tightly gripping his own wrists, Kree bit his lip, "Are we still friends? Can we still hang out.."

"Kree for fuck sake, I need to be alone please." Kree nodded silently and walked away, heading out of the school with Skye he felt dread pulling over him like something bad was going to happen, why hadn't he stayed? Why was he so easy to just get up and leave why had he been so easily persuaded when he wanted to say so much more.

Sitting down on a bench in a park eating some donut with Skye exchanges somewhat of a conversation he felt his phone ring, Answering it he heard the soft voice of September, "Hey Kree can you come to my house and pick me up? I now school's half way done but after yesterday I don't want to be in the house alone." Finally some somewhat good news.

"Sure." Kree hummed hanging up and standing to stretch, "Hey Skye want to come pick up September with me? He's the guy who sat next to me on the bus." She nodded gingerly as they picked up the donut box and walked down the street hand in hand, "Hey Kree? I see you and your friends go down that forest path a lot, can we go down alone together like..

A date? It's just a fire pit right? At least that's what I hear Cameron say." Kree nodded, "Oh.. Sure." his face was burning, surely getting a date wasn't THIS easy.

The day was relatively fast in all things considered, September seemed in a better mood although Kree noticed Derek left school early, in the afternoon however Skye gave him her number and a time for when she was ready to go on the date, so the first pit stop naturally would be to check on Derek.

Making the walk down he saw Derek's house lights still off despite the darkness already outside in the afternoon, maybe he was sleeping but something felt off.

walking up to the steps he knocked on the door only for it to slowly open, did Derek forget to lock it?

"Derek?" Kree's voice echoed, although no reply. Turning the lights on and shutting the door Missy came prowling over, Picking her up Kree smiled "Hey Missy, where's Derek hmm?" the cat only purred in response Kree didn't really know what he expected.

"Derek." he chimed again walking through the downstairs, the only thing in sight was empty bottles and medicine spilled everywhere, Whether it was pain killers or not kree hadn't a clue.

Putting the cat down he made his way upstairs and heard the TV from Derek's room lowly chime, making his way to the door he knocked.

"Derek? I came to check on you and your door was open. Is everything okay?" Opening the door Kree felt his heart drop, all of his emotions rushing to him at once and a scream leaving his mouth as the only response.