Episode four: part three

A tense silence fell over the three as Dereks words lingered

A tense silence fell over the three as Dereks words lingered. That was until Luellas mouth dropped open. She almost poked her eye out as her hand went flying to poke her nose and point the other hand at Stiles.

"Not doing it," Lu shouted out, making Stiles leap back at the unexpected volume.

Stiles crashed into the door that led into the main part of the clinic and stared at Luella with puzzlement. "What-, Lu-, what," he stuttered.

"Derek said he had a last resort," Luella added, gazing at Stiles expectantly. Stiles simply blinked at the girl, not catching on.

"What would one do if there was something lodged in ones arm and they can't get it out? Whatever is in the thing, is spreading rapidly, and you do not want that something to reach any vital organs or else you can say hello to Jack Dawson from Titanic cause he dead as fuck." Luella summarised, for some reason having Leonardo DiCaprio on her mind.

Stiles squinted at her for a second before his face morphed into one of realisation, then horror.

"You're gonna cut off your arm?!?!"

Derek shut his eyes tightly and leaned away from the boy, then hauled himself up off the bags of dog food and stubbled into the main part of the clinic.

Luella raised her eyebrows as Derek lifted his shirt up over his head to get a better look at the bullet wound. Stiles cleared his throat and she shook her head and walked over to the other side of the metal examination table in the middle of the room, across from Derek.

Stiles stood beside her and cringed at the blood stained around the hole in Dereks arm. "You know that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of," he commented.

"I could lull you into sleep with Harry Potter-, not that it's boring, I just miss it-," Luella carried on, getting slightly side tracked.

Stiles frowned and tilted his head. "Were you not reading Harry Potter on your phone a few-," 

"Stiles no," Luella cut in with a sharp mumble, looking down at the table in front of her. "That was different-,"

"Guys!" Dereks voice called, bringing them both back into reality. "Luella's right," he panted, getting a small proud smile from Lu. "Once the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." Once Lu realised what she was right about, her smile dropped.

"Positivity just isn't in your vocabulary, is it," Stiles asked rhetorically while Derek rooted around the presses, searching for something.

Lu leaned into Stiles, speaking to him lowly. "I swear to God if he pulls out a fucking chainsaw-,"

Luella cut herself off when Derek took up an actual electric saw, Stiles squeaking in pain when Lu kicked him under the table from nerves.

"Damn it Lu," Stiles groaned, pulling up his leg to press down on it. "You need to see someone about that."