Comfort - Montgomery Gator

note: dear readers, so sorry for the late post! i spent the past week recovering from covid. i am feeling much better, but i will be taking it easy for this week as well. next update will hopefully be on this weekend! 
*requests are still open, but please only request if you are okay with waiting. writing is a hobby for me, my main priority (at this timeframe) are my studies.

TW: none
adult, gender-neutral reader
- 1836 words
*(Y/N) - Your Name

- it is one of those days where your beloved animatronic lover is feeling low about themselves. as their partner, it is your responsibility to comfort them. <3

Montgomery's door slides open with a creak. The gator trudges in, a solemn expression on his face. Another day, another concert. Monty often finds himself getting agitated as the concerts progress, especially after noticing that most of the audience was only present for the Pizzaplex's golden boy, Freddy Fazbear.

Monty was tired. He finally grew sick of thrashing his room on a daily basis, only doing it when his frustrations had become far too much for him to handle. Without a doubt, he knew the reasons for his frustrations was his jealousy.

Why was he jealous? Monty did not have a clear picture as to why either. Every time he looked at the bear, he could not help but feel a mix of emotions - Anger, jealousy and if one squinted, they would notice a tiny bit of yearning. Monty yearned to be as well loved as the bear. He knew he could never live up to Freddy or his friends, for he was always hidden in their shadow. Monty knew he was the least popular amongst the entire band. Those that did like him, often consisted of rambunctious yet bratty children, and the occasional group of mischievous pre-teens.

Monty did appreciate the attention when he got any, but it was not enough for him. It was not what he saw his friends experience; The sight of excited guests wanting to spend time with him, not because the gator appeared like he would encourage any mischievous behavior in the Pizzaplex.

Who was he even, if not well-liked? Just a bassist to the band?

Sure, the big tough gator did act like an asshat to everyone in general, but it was only a tough front. Just like Roxanne's egotistical front, his was to protect himself and hide his true feelings and desires from others. If one were to ask him, he would say that he has done quite the splendid job on hiding his true self, that no one has cracked his walls that seemed to be tougher than his own metal casing.

Except for you.

His red eyes lands on yours for the first time that night. A tired smile plays on his face as he takes in the sight before him - His lovely partner sitting snugly on his couch, in a hoodie with his face on it. Not to mention that you had a plushie of him nestled in your arms. You grinned at his arrival, already wrapping your arms around him within a blink of an eye. "Welcome back," You greeted him. He hums lowly, burying his face into the crook of your neck and inhaling your scent. Mint with a hint of cedarwood, exactly how he smelt. It made him pleased to know that your scent had become the same as his. After all, you were his.

You ran a hand through his mohawk, gently working at the small tangles at the ends of his hair. You could sense that he was feeling down. You could feel it in the way that his arms around your waist felt a little tighter, a little more heavier than usual. You led him back to the couch, settling his head on your lap as you continued to play with his hair. He remained without words, only deep rumbles of content escaping from him. He purred just like a housecat would, the sounds and vibrations being soothing to whoever had the chance to hear it.

"You okay?" You asked. He pulled up his star-shaped sunglasses, settling them on his forehead. His eyes shone a beautiful ruby red hue under the neon lighting of his room. He huffs and turns to his side, burying his face into your stomach. He blew raspberries, the feathery vibrations causing you to laugh and push gently on his head. "Mon, it tickles!" He pulls away, a satisfied yet cheeky grin on his face. Hearing your laugh alleviated his mood, it made him settle down. You were the calm during his stormiest days.