Cold Hands, Warm Heart - Roxanne Wolf

(Asked on tumblr)
5tr4wb3rryc4k3 asked:
HII! if your requests are still open I was curious if you could do lil head cannons for Roxy, Monty, and moondrop with a feminine (or gender neutral of you're more comfortable with that!) s/o who's hands are always cold but their(the s/o) love language is physical touch? ofcofc if you don't have time//don't write for those characters I understand completely, no worries! :)

TW: none
adult, gender-neutral reader!
1001 words

- holding hands with your animatronic lover is always fun, though their hands being cold can be a little disadvantage to that. screw it, you love them too much to let go. ♡

Her paws envelop yours as her tail wags excitedly. "Did you see that, (Y/N)?" She asks. Her eyes reflect the joy she feels from winning the race against her fellow Glamrocks. There was no way in hell that Roxy would allow herself to lose to them, especially in her raceway.

Her words enter one of your ears and come out of the other. It feels like the world has slowed down as you concentrate at the sight in front of you; her large paws holding your hands. You could barely call them paws, they were too human-like, down to the manicured green claw.

Her hands were cold on your warm ones. It sends a shiver through you, goosebumps immediately present on your arms. It made sense, metal on human skin. Though cold, it was a feeling you welcomed. It was the first time she has ever held your hands like this - so intimate, so real.

Roxy removes a hand as she snaps a finger in front of your eyes. "(Y/N)? Earth to (Y/N)? Helloooo?" She calls. You flinched as the heat rose to your cheeks. How embarrassing.

What was she talking about again? Race.. Score.. CHECK THE SCOREBOARD!

Your thoughts are jumbled from being roughly pulled away from the dream-like state you were in. You chuckled awkwardly and glanced at the large scoreboard behind Roxy.

ROXANNE - 5
MONTGOMERY - 4
FREDDY - 1
CHICA - 0
TOTAL ROUNDS: 10
WINNER: ROXANNE

You smiled brightly at the wolf, "Hey, you won! Couldn't let Monty have the last point, huh?" You teased. Roxy grinned, showing off her fangs. "Of course. I can't be losing at a race where my partner is present."

Partner? Did she just call you her partner?

LIKE, AS IN ROMANTIC PAR-

"(Y/N)? Do you want me to bring you to the first aid station? This is the second time you zoned out in the same conversation.." Roxy asks worriedly. She puts a hand on your forehead, feeling for your temperature. Oh, how nice the cold metal felt on your warm skin. You sighed in content.

"36.5 degrees celsius. You're at a normal body temperature, yet your cheeks are still red. Are you sick?" Roxy prods once more. You pull her hand away from your forehead and let out a small laugh. "I'm fine, Rox."

Roxy looks at you unconvincingly. "Seriously, what's up? You only zone out when something is bothering you." You pursed your lips together, unsure of how to exactly explain it to her. There was the chance of her taking it the wrong way and thinking that you disliked this special treatment that she was giving. No, you loved it.

However, Roxy had never established that you were in an official relationship with her. You adored her, definitely. You would agree in a heartbeat if she asked you out. But this was just a friendship, nothing more.

"You called me your partner...?" You trailed off, the statement coming off almost as a question instead. Roxy nodded, confusion evident in her eyes. "I did. Do you not like being called that?" You shook your head, "No, that's completely fine! The word 'partner' has several meanings, such as a business partner-"

"Romantic partner. Like a girlfriend, or a boyfriend. That's what humans call it, right?" She cuts you off with a cheeky grin. You stutter, you were not expecting her to be so blunt about this. Not even an once of hesitation from her.

"Y-Yes.. But you're supposed to ask the other person if they want to be your partner. You don't immediately assume it.." You say slowly and cringed at your own words. Words were what hurt Roxy the most, and you were afraid of hurting her. You just had to get your point across.

Roxy lets out a low hum. "Is that so?" You nod. You weren't prepared to see the tears well up in her eyes, as you had a few times before. You weren't prepared for her to get upset at you, maybe even stop talking to you. Ending her friendship with you.

You looked down, afraid to even glance at the beautiful wolf. She was too perfect (quite literally, considering she wasn't human). You would never be able to forgive yourself if you had hurt her, albeit unintentionally.

Roxy hooks a finger under your chin, pulling your face up to look at her. There's that feeling again. Cold metal on your warm skin. It was such a nice contrast. She smiles. "I'm sorry for assuming, (Y/N). Would you like to be my partner?" She asks.

She said it. SHE SAID-

"(Y/N)? If you freeze up again in the next five minutes, I'm really going to bring you to the first-aid station." Roxy says. She's teasing this time, though. You can tell from the teasing tone in her words. You laugh and throw your arms around her, enveloping her in a hug. "I'd love to be your partner! I thought you'd never ask.." Your voice went quiet, a sob threatening to leave your lips.

Roxy peppers you in small smooches, "My partner. Mine, mine, mine." She says softly in-between kisses. One hand wrapped around your waist to hold you steadily, the other grasping your hand gently. You lean into her touch, "Yes, Roxy. All yours." You reply back, reaching up to place a kiss of your own, on her nose.

She might be cold metal, but she definitely did have a warm heart.