Forever Playmate - Sun/Moon

On Tumblr
blairemmy90 asked:
Heya! just wanna say i love your work! please keep doing what you are doing :) <3. Could you do a scenario of Sun/Moon reacting to GN Y/N calling them their husbands as a little joke (maybe with the kids or with parents at pick up), i think that would be so cute!

hey all! sorry for the late post and accidentally skipping last week's update - was caught up with something family-related! i also am facing a bit of a writers' block but i'm slowly worming my way out of it :^) this req idea was too cute, i had a lot of fun writing it!

TW: none
adult, gender-neutral reader
- 2095 words
*(Y/N) - Your Name
They/He pronouns for Sun/Moon.

- being the animatronic handler and lover of the Daycare Attendant had its perks, yet you never thought it would lead to calling them your husbands one day. <3

You watched as a child squealed happily from being swung around in Sun's arms. The animatronic mirrored the child's gleeful expression, loud giggles emitting from their voice box.

"Having fun?" You asked while leaning against the wall. Sun hugged the child closer to themselves, "Oh, my star! This child is absolutely the sweetest!" Said child, who could only babble nonsensical words due to being a toddler, grinned brightly. As if they understood what the animatronic was saying. Perhaps they did, children were much more smarter at this day and age.

Sun bounced up to you, child still in their arms and wrapped their free arm around you, inviting you gently into the hug. You sighed in content from their warm exterior and returned the gesture. Your eyes darted to the clock on the wall across from you. 6:30PM.

Just as you were going to inform Sun of the time, curious green eyes met yours. The child peered at you, squealing loudly when you waved at them. "Oh! What is the commotion about?!" Sun asked as they were not able to see the interaction. You pulled back and pinched the animatronic's cheeks, "Nothing Sunny. Little buddy over here is just being cheeky," You teased the child, gently taking them out of Sun's arms.

Sun let out a low whine in discontent, wanting to hold the child for longer. You hummed, understanding their feelings. "I know, Sunny. But it's almost time for the Daycare to close." Sun's faceplate turns, causing the child to giggle. The animatronic perks up, faceplate turning once more.

Sun continues to turn their faceplate as they followed you to the exit of the Daycare, where you knew there was a line of parents waiting on the opposite side. Being the animatronic handler of the Daycare Attendant also meant that you practically worked two jobs at once - Not only did you look after Sun and Moon, you also had to help for Daycare responsibilities. This included signing in or out the children during opening and closing hours.

It was a grueling job at times, the seemingly never-ending energy of the children taking a toll on your body after a long week. Not that you minded, since your main priority happened to an expert in looking after your sore body.

Sun stood behind you, swaying on the balls of their feet as they watched you do a headcount on the children waiting patiently in line. The youngest of the bunch was the child you held in your arms. Sun cocked their head to the side upon hearing you let out a 'Huh?'.

"What's the matter, my star?" They asked. You frowned and motioned at the children. "I think one of them is missing, Sunny. Could you do a quick check of the play-area for me?" They nodded quickly, "Oh, no problem! I will be back~!" They exclaimed and pressed their faceplate to your forehead in a quick peck before skipping away to do their task.

Sun hummed to themselves as their eyes scanned the vast play-area. Aha! There was indeed a child hidden behind one of the play structures, curled up behind a pillar. Sun's faceplate turned in confusion. Why was a child hiding behind a play structure?