01

June 2, 2018

・❥・

RHIANNON CASTELLO

RHIANNON CASTELLO

The sound of my phone ringing throughout my apartment awoke me, causing me to jump up out of my bed. I rub the heel of my hand against my forehead tiredly. I reach to my nightstand for my phone, but it isn't there.

I groan, getting out of bed and following the ringing noise through my apartment. I started to get annoyed that I couldn't find it. I go into my kitchen, seeing it buzzing on the counter. A number I don't recognize is displayed, but I answer anyway.

"Hello?"

"Is this Rhiannon Castello?"

"Yes, this is she."

"Great. I'm Freddie Pierce from Diamond Management. One of my clients and his band has sparked intrest in you to open his upcoming tour in the States. If you're interested, we'd love to meet with you."

"Sorry, someone wants me to open their tour?" I ask, completely confused now. I was probably just dreaming or something.

"Yes, Harry Styles and his band The Chain."

My mind froze for a second. My hand that was rubbing my forehead suddenly stopped, my body stiffening. My eyes were suddenly on red alert, no longer in their sleepy state. How fucking high did I get last night?

"Hello, Miss Castello? Are you there?"

Say something, Rhiannon.

"Yes, hi. Um, I'm just surprised, I guess. How does he—"

"Harry would be more than willing to answer any questions you have at the meeting. I'm aware you haven't done much outside of busking so there's a lot for us to discuss. So, are you interested?"

Is that even a question?

"Yes, of course. My schedule is cleared up today if you'd like to meet?" I respond, glancing at the planner on my counter that hasn't been touched since December last year.

"Today, 2 pm at Diamond Management okay?"

"Cool— I mean, yup, perfect. I'll be there," I laugh nervously.

"Great. See you soon, Miss Castello." And with that, the line goes dead.

"Miss Castello.." I repeat in a mocking posh voice. "Who says 'cool' to someone that calls them Miss Castello?" I mutter under my breath.

I walk over to my couch, sitting down, my head lolling up towards the ceiling. That can't be real, right? The Chain wants me to open their tour? Some sick joke, probably. I open my laptop sitting on the coffee table and decide to do some research. I type 'Freddie Pierce' into the search bar.