02

June 2, 2018

・❥・

RHIANNON CASTELLO

RHIANNON CASTELLO

Kairi — but I call her Kai — is my best friend.

I've known her since I was eleven, now being twenty-two, she knows me better than I know myself. So when I went to her apartment telling her Harry Styles just asked me to be his opening performer and I have no fucking clue what to do, she practically smacked me upside the head.

"Why is this even a question, Rhi?" she groans, rolling her head back against her couch.

I'm sat on the floor between her coffee table and her couch, taking the blunt from between her fingers that she hands to me and taking a puff. "I don't know," I say, completely lost on what to do.

"This is your dream. If there's a reason you're questioning it," she takes the blunt from my fingers, taking a puff and holding the debris in her lungs for a second before blowing out. "There's a conflicting interest somewhere in that big, beautiful brain of yours. And you need to figure it out."

"No, I want it. Something inside me is just telling me there's something off about it." I take a long breath, "I'm probably just doubting it because I can't believe that they gave me the opportunity."

"Then stop holding yourself back!" She laughs at me like I'm insane for doubting it. "Do it! What's the worst that could happen, you know? Maybe you don't like the band or whatever, but you'll get noticed, like you deserve."

I take in her words, leaning back on her couch, my head resting on it and staring up at her popcorn ceiling from where I sat below the couch. I close my eyes, really thinking about it. I know nothing about these guys and now I'm supposed to spend two months traveling the country with them?

I'm basically heading into this completely clueless.

I see Kai's laptop sitting on the coffee table. I open it up and go straight to Google. I type 'The Chain' into the search bar, pressing enter. First, there was a list of each of the members, along with their picture.

Harry Styles
Lead Singer

Niall Horan
Lead Guitarist

Zayn Malik
Bassist

Louis Tomlinson
Drummer

Pictures of them at red carpet events and such popped up, along with a small description of the band. I went to the news section, seeing every article that's ever uttered their name pop up.

Harry Styles Posts Teaser For His New Upcoming Tour With His Band The Chain.

Who Is The Chain's Live On Tour Opener?