VS Infinite

Hi guys. Sorry I've been away a while. Studies and things to sort out and all that type of stuff. But anyway I'm back with a new chapter so I hope you guys enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infinite is overlooking the city.

"More ants to crush. I wonder if the world could send me a real challenge."

You are walking by and freeze at the sight of him. Infinite turns to you.

"And as if to answer the world sends me a trembling child." You begin to back up until Infinite suddenly disappears and then reappears next to you, causing you to flinch in shock.

"Are you going to fight and die here? Or, run away in fear again?" he whispers in your ear. You hastily back away and freeze once again as you hear Sonic's voice running through your head.

'Hey, don't be scared! This is your moment to shine!'

You clench your fists.

'Keep going. Don't let your fear own you!'

You step forward to face the jackal and raise your fist as if to say 'try me'. Infinite smirks as he levitates off the ground.

"Fine. I will teach you fear, then pain, and then... well, at least the fear and pain will end." 

(Time Skip 'cause I can't be bothered to write the boss battle)

Infinite throws three energy spheres at you, which you dodge easily but you accidentally drop your phantom ruby prototype in the process. Infinite suddenly stops.

" I remember you. You ran from me before."

You hold a glare towards Infinite until he summons cannons and aims them at you. They suddenly fire and you lunge for the prototype. You grab it and the bullets phase through you.

"What!? How is this possible? It can't be... How did you?" Infinite is in complete shock. He fires the cannons again and you dodge but he sends a burst of energy through your stomach. You fly backwards onto the ground and look up weakly at Infinite.

"No matter. They have only two days left. Let them contemplate the inevitable until I end this once and for all." Infinite flies away. You look back at where he just was in confusion before trying to get up. You wince at the pain that flares up through your torso. You decide to call for help.

"K-Knuckles....commander. C-can you hear me?"

"Rookie! What happened? Where are you?"

"I had an encounter with Infinite. I took a blow to the stomach and I can't move. Can you send someone to help me?" You wait for an answer. You hear muffled voices. You can make out one person is Knuckles but the other person sounds like....Sonic? You finally hear Knuckles voice again.

"Don't worry Rookie. Sonic's coming to get you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sit silently until you hear footsteps. You look up to see Sonic smiling gently at you.

"Geez (Y/N). What did Infinite do to you?" He picks you up and you wince at the slight pain in your chest.

"Sorry. Let's get you back to the base." he stands upright before making his way back to the base.

(Sorry It's a bit short. I'll try and make the next chapter longer.)