Joining the resistance

After finding out about Sonic's defeat, you muster up the courage to go and face the masked villain himself. Let's just say it didn't go to well. You cowered behind the pieces of rubble, shaking violently. Infinite chuckled, firing laser beams from his palm and destroying the troops of soldiers. You make a shaky grab for your wispon and aim poorly at Infinite. You pull the trigger but fail to hit him.

"I can taste your terror child. It's delicious." Infinite chuckles, blasting your wispon a ways away from you as you fell backwards. "Give into your fear. Flee, screaming and I'll let you live." Infinite laughs evilly as you look on fearfully.

(Time skip)

After your encounter with the masked villain. You walk around the destroyed city, keeping a watch out for any robots. You then see a crumpled up piece of paper land at your feet. You pick it up, removing the dust and reading it.

'we need you! Join the resistance and help us take down Eggman's forces. Think your up for the job?'

You read it and ponder about whether you should help the resistance.

'Should I join?' you consider it carefully before making your decision.

(Time Skip)

The resistance are chatting amongst themselves in the base until the commander, Knuckles, walks in. They greet him.

"Happy to see you're all still alive. Eggman's forces have chewed through our defenses at Green Hill. And the resistance in the city is reporting that whatever it is that finished Sonic... " Everyone looks down sadly. 

"Sorry, I'm still not used to saying that. Whatever it is has got then running in fear." 

You walk in.  "All except for this brave kid who survived the battle and made it here in one piece. Meet our newest recruit." Knuckles pats you on the back, causing you to stumble foward. A little bee flies over to you and looks you up and down.

"Doesn't look like much." he says. You growl at him.

 "Neither do you Charmy, but I still managed to find a use for your pointy butt." Knuckles replies. You giggle slightly at that. Knuckles hands you a wispon, slightly similar to the one Infinite destoyed. 

"Here kid. Take this. We're depending on you. Ok, let's get going everybody. The world's not going to save itself." Knuckles declares. Everyone cheers in agreement.

(Sorry if it's a bit short. It's my first story I'll try and make the next chapter longer.)