17. I fell in love with her the very moment I saw her.

Start from the beginning

So being the overly sassy woman I was, I turned to leave but being the stubborn butt he was, he stopped me by his hands around my waist. They felt warm and I could feel his palms pressing against my skin. He pulled me close making my heart quicken.

"Where's my present?" I frowned. He really had missed some cells of his brain.

"Mr Arnold, what the f*ck are you doing?" I gasped. He let me go but his grip on my waist was just as intense as it was before. I turned and looked at him in utter confusion. "You gave Kia a pendent, Sienna a bracelet and perfume to Aiden. What about me? Haven't got anything for this guy?", a smirk played on his face as he reckoned my anxiety.

"It's rude to come to someone's party without a present, don't you think Ms Summers?" He pulled me closer and my breathing turned erratic. He was so close to me that he could easily make out my pulse beating.

I tried to pull away but he held me close. "Who told you I didn't bring a gift for you, huh?", I smirked making his grin waver."But I thought you didn't get something for me so I didn't give it to you."

"Touché."

"I'll give you your present."-I whispered closely feeling bold somehow. My lips lingered close to his neck. The hold he had on me felt intimate but now I had come really far. I knew what I was doing. I could feel the heat radiating from his body. "But for that, you need to tell me why you avoided me till now."

"mhm.", he placed his hand in my hair and pulled me towards him."Asking for another deal, are we?" I rolled my eyes. He was the one who asked for a gift like a kid.

"You know what my mother says.", he asked making me frown."When we stare at something very beautiful, it tends to hypnotize us.

"What does it have to do with you avoiding me?"

He gave me a long look, a very very long look, and I swear that my heart skipped a beat. "You look like a goddess today.", he whispered touching my nose with his. My heart raced out of control.

When he pulled me close, I could feel his warm breath on my neck, his lips on the back of my neck which were not supposed to touch, his arms around my waist and I could feel every single part of him.

My heart was pounding so wildly it felt like I was having a heart attack. "My gift now.", he said and released me. I turned and kept my hand on my heart, I felt like it was actually going to explode. Never in my life did I have such an intimate encounter with a man.

"Ms Summers.", Mr Arnold gave me a sly smile."Want me to call an ambulance?"

I gave him a death glare. After nearly giving me a heart attack, he had the f*cking audacity to play dumb. "Why would I need an ambulance. I'm not dying or sh*t.", I gave him an icy stare, I was genuinely tempted to slap him when he smirked at me but I just let out a huff and walked to the kitchen, where I kept his gift.

I thought it'd be pretty awkward for him as well as me if I gave it in front of others, not that I was actually planning to give it to him anytime soon. I sighed and calming my erratic breathing, handed it to him.

"Why don't you get up and have some water or something to drink? You really look like you need it," he smirked and sat down on a chair nearby, hands busy in unwrapping the present.

Is there a way to slap someone without them noticing they have been slapped? Wish there was, Mr Arnold, brings out the worst in me.

He withdrew the photo frame I got for him. It had the picture of Kia, Aiden, Evans, Sienna and lastly him. In this time period, I can conclude one thing about Mr Arnold, he only loved to argue with me as if he enjoyed seeing me cursing him out but he never fought with the others. Those four were everything to him and I found myself smiling at the thought that he was so much more than just a business tycoon with them.