Prologue

{Elsa's POV}

"Aren't you so excited?" Anna asked, "it's been a decade since we've been here!"

"Mhm," I hum in response, "so exciting."

Olaf joyfully responded, "this place is really steamy."

"It's like we're in Oaken's sauna," Kristoff muttered in response.

"So why are you so excited to come here again?" Olaf asked, skipping up the mountain side.

"When I was nine and Elsa was twelve," Anna started to explain, "Mom and Dad sailed a ship here for a little exploration trip to find out why she had ice powers. But now we know, right? I don't know why Elsa wanted to revisit this place though."

I turn a little pink from embarrassment and focus on the mountain side.

"I-," I hesitate, "just want to see some old friends."

Arendelle's ship just docked on the edge of the mountain. Anna jumps down from the ship and drags Mom to the rainforest.

"Isn't this exciting?" Anna grinned from ear to ear, "we're adventuring!"

I hold back, fiddling with my gloves. What if I accidentally freeze this island? Or the ocean? How would we be able to get back to Arendelle?

"Elsa?" Dad raised an eyebrow, "are you ready to go?"

"Do I have to?" I sadly asked.

Dad placed a hand on my shoulder and I stiffen up, "conceal. Don't feel. Don't let them know. We will figure out how you got your powers together. We can start slowly by heading up the mountain. Baby steps."

I sadly nodded and headed up the mountain. Just stay a far distance from people.

*time skip to when they get up the mountain*

"Hey Mommy! Daddy!" Anna jumped up and down, "look there's a little village!"

Mom and Dad give each other a hopeful look and run to the village. I slightly wait back and then slowly follow them.
Anna immediately runs into the small village waving to everybody smiling. Of course, some villagers looked bewildered at us and others were very happy to welcome us. Mom and Dad looked around and started to ask if anyone knew who the head of the village was.
Anna was stuffing her face with arepas and trying to show me. I just tried my best to not laugh and ignore her. If she doesn't make any contact with me, she stays safe.
Mom and Dad lead us to a very nice house covered in pink flowers. And it waves at me.
It's magical.
Just like me.

"Hello?" Mom knocked on a door.

A beautiful girl the same age as me opens the door. I can feel my face turning a little pink and I look down. What is wrong with me?

"Uh, hello," the girl pursed her lips together and eyed us, "who are you? I don't think I've seen you around Encanto."

Mom explains, "hi, sweetie, I am Iduna and this is my husband Agnarr. These are my children, Elsa and Anna."

The girl's hazel stares at me for a little longer before her eyes flicker back to Mom.

"I'm Isabela Madrigal," the girl smiles, "flower?" she hands a beautiful purple flower to Mom and then calls out, "Abuela! We have some... newcomers!"

An old lady wearing a red-wine coloured dress rushes in a panic, "nieta, what do you mean there are newcomers? No one is supposed to be able to get in through the mountain-" the lady pauses and stares at us four.