Chapter 29

Tori screamed, she hadn't hit the ground yet but she already felt a strong pain. Was this her end? It was more painful than she imagined. Oddly enough, the pain was specifically in her back, but she new soon it would be her whole body.

She wished she could fly, fly back up, though she knew it was a stupid hope she felt as if it was working, as if the ledge she fell from was getting closer.

No- it wasn't possible, how could she be flying? Tori looked behind her. A pair of blue wings seemed to have grown from her back, but how?

Tori didn't think, she only wanted to jump at the woman that dropped her. She looked down at everyone else as they stared at her with wide eyes. Some of them looked at her with fear, others like Shigaraki with outright shock.

Tori launched herself at the blond woman with pure rage. She expected to crash into her, to land on her with her hands around her neck.

But she simply fell to the ground, the woman in pieces.

"That... Is my quirk." Tomura was the first one who managed to speak.

"Mine too." Hawks mumbled.

"No. No no no no! It isn't supposed to be like that! She was supposed to be clean of all quirk genes! What the hell did you do to my daughter!" Mrs. Eto screamed.

"She's a quirk sponge, she absorbed all our quirks, who know how many quirks she has in her." Mr. Aizawa explained grimly.

"Oh my Tenshi! Tenshi please stop this horrible act this instant!" Mrs. Eto yelled as she ran closer to the girl. "Wait-!" Deku tried to warn the lady but it was too late, she was swallowed by blue flame.

"Mr. Aizawa, Hawks, what should we do?" The green haired boy asked. Bakugo kept himself from attacking the two villains while they were off guard; heir main mission now was to stop Tori.

"Dammit Eraser can't you just erase her quirks?!" Shigaraki turned to the hero. "I am but something is different somehow, the way she obtained these quirks- it seems I can only erase one at a time." He explained. Shigaraki gritted his teeth.

"Tori! Tori please calm down!" Shigaraki yelled before running to her. "I can't! Make it stop! Please!" Tori yelled. Shigaraki jumped over the quicksand and anything that got I to his way he dodged. 

Shigaraki now stood before Tori. "No please! Don't come any closer to  me! I don't want to hurt you!" Tori begged, holding out a burned hand from Dabi's quirk. Shigaraki ignored her and embraced her. He breathed a sigh of relief when he didn't burn nor decay.

"See, you do have control. Breath Tori, just breath and don't think about anything for a minute." Shigaraki stroked the child's head and held her until she eventually got a hold of her quirks and calmed down.

"Everything... Hurts..." Tori went limp. Shigaraki attempted to shake her awake. "Tori? Tori answer me!" Shigaraki shouted. "Oh shit... Fuck!" Shigaraki wailed, screaming in pain as he gripped his chest.

"Tomura Shigaraki, Tori Hana is badly injured and we need to take her to a hospital as soon as possible. I would appreciate it if you would let us take her to get the best possible treatment and that you would turn yourself in as well." Eraserhead said as he put a hand on the villain's shoulder. "Do it... anything, just let me see her after, whenever that may be." Shigaraki excepted the heros help along with his punishment. It was a defeat for a good cause.

"Hawks? Deku? Bakugo?" Mr. Aizawa turned to the others. Hawks grabbed Dabi and the two boys went over to get Shigaraki. Mr. Aizawa held Tori and made his way to the police and ambulances that waited them outside.

Deku looked at the expression on the villain's face as he guided him down the stairs. It was odd, he thought Shigaraki would be the big end boss, a battle  waiting to happen.

"I know she'll be okay, sir." Deku knew it was best to comfort the villain, it was the right thing to do. "Just shut up kid, you have no idea what's going on." Shigaraki growled but remained docile. "Er- sorry." Deku squeaked out.

"Make sure she's happy, I don't know if I'll ever see her again once this is over, so I'm putting my trust that you make her happy." Bakugo knew he was talking to him. "Big ask especially for a trashy villain like you." Bakugo grunted. Deku couldn't believe he spoke to the villain like that. "K-Kacchan!" Izuku begged for his peer to stop. "You better watch it just because I'm compromising to help Tori now doesn't mean I can't still decay your little hero ass later." Tomura threatened.

~

Dabi had locked eyes with the hero Endevor. He gritted his teeth in anger. He would never have another chance to kill the bastard, nor expose his story.

No, Dabi couldn't take it. As much as he love Tomura and Tori his thirst of vengeance dominated him.

Dabi burned Hawks until he let go. He ran, dodging any officer and hero that chased him. He used his flame to boost him over the gate and made an escape.

~

Tori was under intense care, Recovery Girl and the doctors had a hard time but managed to get her to a stable condition.

Meanwhile, Shigaraki was  interrogated. A lot of other villains were caught, but the previous members of the Lueage of Villains managed to escape along with Dabi.

The body count was high, the Liberation Army had made a massacre of the low-grade villains and crooks that Mrs. Eto had Yua gather.

Shigaraki was prepared to endure his stay in Tarturous. Since he turned himself in the Public Safty Commission had agreed that if he showed improvement in his behavior and mental state, he could get out as soon as twelve years. 

Shigaraki was determined, though he still had a forever burning hate for heros and people of authority in general, but he was willing to please them in order to see Tori as soon as possible.

~

"Eri, I  have to go and run an errand, please stay in here while I'm gone." Mr. Aizawa instructed before leaving the hospital room Tori stayed in.

Eri nodded before looking back to Tori. It was sad seeing her friend in such a condition.

If Tori was healthy before her injury, she would have already woken up and be on her way to recovery.

If...

Eri walked to the side of Tori's bed, every step she hesitated but took.

She set her hand on Tori's head, hoping it wouldn't go wrong.

Aizawa walked into a swarm of nurses, he expected the worse until he saw what the real ruckus was about.

There was Tori, crying and two years younger than she was. Or at least, she looked somewhat like Tori. Her hair was now blue and a pile of ash that suspiciously formed a shape of a small child lay by her.

"Eri, don't tell me-" He looked over to the smiling girl.

"It worked! I was able to stop It! Though I do hope I went back enough. Tori also looks different..." Eri cheered before second guessing herself.

Mr. Aizawa couldn't stand to be angry at the girl. The damage was already done and Tori was now four years old, well, her body was. He still wasn't sure whether her mind had rewound as well.

"Come on Eri, let's get out of the nurses' way." Aizawa sighed.

"No! Tori is really scared!" Eri refused as she stayed next to Tori's side.

It was true, even as Tori calmed down. The nurses concluded nothing was wrong and left to prepare for her testing later on. Tori felt terrified as she regain awareness.

Where was she? Who were they? Who was she? Tori couldn't find the words to ask those things.

"Don't worry Tori Hana, you're safe, we'll be taking care of you from now on." The man with the long black hair reassured.

Tori believed him, she will grow up in safe hands, she would be happy.

But there was an emptiness, a feeling or memory she couldn't quite grasp, and the loss of that memory made Tori tear up once more.

~Thanks for reading!~