34

"Are you hungry?" I asked as I turned to face Elliot. He was bending down to take off his shoes and he looked up for a second.

"Uh, yeah." he answered, a bit muffled. I nodded and advanced towards my kitchen.

It was clean and untouched. Elijah and I haven't been here in a long time.

As I looked through the cabinets and refrigerator, I was glad to see that nothing was expired. I didn't feel like going to the grocery store anyways.

"How does lasagna sound, Ellie?" I questioned from the kitchen.

"Good." he replied. I heard his footsteps and I assumed he was taking a look around.

I quickly took off my leather jacket and set in on the stool by the small island. I went over to the kitchen and cleaned my hands before I started getting out the ingredients I needed.

This house was sort of similar to dad's. I mean, It wasn't as big, but it was medium sized. The house had three bedrooms and three bathrooms. The rooms were also medium sized, which was good.

Reasons why me and Elijah chose this house was because there was a pool and a hot tub and there was lots of land surrounding the house.

We liked our privacy.

Don't get me wrong. I had to live in neighborhoods where houses were close together and you could practically hear everything happening in the other house. I got used to it when I was young.

But now I had the opportunity to get a house with land to myself, not having to worry about hearing the toilet flushing in a house next to me. So was going to make the most of it.

I poured the tomato sauce that I made into the rectangular pan slowly, making sure not to make a mess. Then I added a single layer of pasta sheets.

Just as I was about to pour some white sauce, Elliot sauntered in. I looked up as he walked closer to me.

"Can I help?" He asked. "I don't want you to cook by yourself."

I smiled. He was always so nice and polite. That's one of the many things I like about him.

"Sure," I said. "Do you know what you're doing?"

He looked at me like I was crazy, causing me to laugh lightly. "Of course I know what to do."

I shrugged and muttered 'okay' and told him to wash his hands. After he washed his hands, I handed him the small bowl of white sauce and he took it gently.

I stood back and watched as he poured the sauce smoothly. I watched his face as he worked. He looked so concentrated with the was his eyebrows were furrowed and his serious expression.

The sight was...adorable.

I saw how his skin turned light pink, telling me he knew I was watching him. He set the bowl down and turned back to me. "Good?"

I nodded, "Good." I took ahold of the other layer of the pasta sheet and set it over the white sauce softly and added the rest of ingredients. Elliot grabbed the pan and opened the oven, setting the pan on the bottom row and closed the oven.

I took the small timer and set the time. I turned to see him looking at me and he quickly averted his eyes.

I glanced behind him in the window, noticing that his was getting dark outside.

"How was the tour?" I asked him as I started to clean everything up. His face held a confused look before realization hit.

"Oh, the house. Right. Uh, it was nice, very clean." He said and I nodded. "You don't come here often, do you?"