22

I'm not liking this feeling.

I don't know what it is, but I don't like it. Or at least, I don't know what to think of it.

Guilt, protectiveness.

Get it together, Aurelia!

My inner thoughts are attacking me for it and I wish I could get rid of them.

I mind goes back to when my family asked why I wanted to help Elliot. And I couldn't give them an answer, because I didn't even know why myself.

And it bothers me that I couldn't answer such a simple question. I was utterly speechless, and I don't understand why. I—

"Aurelia!"

I'm cut from my thoughts as Elliot calls my name. I leap up from the bed and rush towards his room. Opening his room door, I go to the bathroom and crack the door slightly.

"Yes?" I ask, cautiously.

"Can you help me?" I can hear the hesitation in his question. Although, I don't know why he would hesitate. I would always help him even if he didn't need the help.

I don't know why.

"Of course." I open the door fully and see that Elliot is sitting on a high stool in front of the bathroom mirror. I also see that he has no shirt on so his bruised abs are visible. I glance away quickly and check the cab it's for a first aid kit. I eventually find one and go over to Elliot.

I stand between him and the sink. Since the space is small, ours legs touch. I see his cheeks turn pink and I smirk at the effect I have on him.

He's so cute when he blushes.

I take off his bandage and close my eyes. God, I am going to tear that man apart.

I open my eyes only to be met with Elliot staring straight at me. This time he doesn't look away. He looks worried and concerned.

I turn my attention back to his stomach, where a huge gash lies. The doctor stitched it up but there's still blood dripping.

"This will burn," I warn Elliot before I take the alcohol wipe and lightly tap the wound. His muscles flex and he clenches his hands, knuckles turning white.

Despite this situation, he looks hot. His hair is slightly wet and ruffled and his cheeks are red.

He watches me as I clean up his wound. When I finished putting the ointment on and bandage the wound back up, he looks up at me.

I stare into his mesmerizing, hazel eyes. He licks his lips unconsciously and my eyes follow the movement.

I've never wanted to kiss someone's lips so bad.

I turn away to preclude anything I might regret from happening.

What is going on with you?

Oh, fuck off.

"Aurelia?"

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

I clear my throat, "Mhm. Perfect."

"You sure—?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I cut him off, giving him a small smile. He returns it with a nod. I clean up the mess and turn back to him.

"You should get some rest." I say as I start to leave the bathroom. "Goodnight, Ellie."

He looks disappointed? But nevertheless, he replies, "Goodnight, Aurelia."