𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

───── 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠 ─────

act as if what you do
makes a difference.
it does.

WILLIAM JAMES

(Y/N)'s POV

Kashima Yuu had an angelic countenance, clear enough to show that every bone is that boy's body was good-hearted.

So when he smiled genuinely, it was goddamn heavenly.

And I, was able to witness it firsthand.

"I wanted to help." He smiled, waving a blue ice pack in his hand a little.

I realised something. The way his body moved was smooth and sturdy, like he was a hunky man who worked out 24/7.

Except, he was a literal high school student.

"What?" My eyebrows raised. No words were adequate enough for me to form a response. I couldn't stop my eyes from shamelessly wandering on it's own.

"I feel really guilty..." Kashima continued. My gaze trailed back to his face, and strangely found his eyes were averted away from mine. The smile on his face looked melancholy.

His voice was firm and rich, just like his physique. Though I could hear it was riddled with remorse.

"Wait— You're what? Why?" I flinched, realising what he was saying.

"I wasn't paying attention and I almost hurt you. I'm sorry (L/N), really. I'm not usually so reckless." He promised decidedly, his head bowed.

His remorseful navy eyes bore into mine, as if he was searching for any type of resentment.

To which there were none of course.

"It's—"

"You see, it's been going on for a while..." Kashima continued with his dialogue.

I raised my eyebrows. 'He just... cut me off. OK.'

"I've been really distracted nowadays — I'll save you the details — but it's as if I can't do anything right anymore." The boy breathed out, rubbing the back of his neck as he sat next to me on the bed.

I felt the mattress sink as he lowered himself down.

"Ah okay—"

"Even with football!" I bit the inside of my cheek as he cut me off again, "I can't even kick a ball right! Haha..." A low-spirited chuckle left his mouth, his hands busy playing with the icepack.

Maybe he couldn't hear me, or something? Maybe it was some sort of scenario... like what happened with that butler!

Kashima suddenly grabbed my hands, his cold fingers making me jump out of my thoughts.