𝗑𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝖡𝗅𝗎𝖾 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖬𝖾𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗂𝖽

Start from the beginning

Yeonjun cracked his knuckles. "Anyway, who's up for a seafood platter?"

"Sounds scrumptious!" Kai offered excitedly. "Soobin, let's cook! Cielo can be our guest!"

"I don't know," Yeonjun doubted as he dragged the water guardian away. "That bird's quite a resting hazard."

Soobin scoffed. "No, you are."

Taehyun and Ria were about to leave as well when Blue suddenly yelped. She caught the mage's sleeve and winced, shooting him a terrified glance. Her purple nails dug through the soft fabric. Her palms shivered. Taehyun looked down, perplexed. She was crying beads of pearls. Literally.

"I don't want to be alone," the mermaid pitifully whispered. "I'm scared of being alone."

"I need to-"

"Please, don't go."

"But-"

"My dear savior, I beg you to hear my plea."

Taehyun crouched on the floor. "Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?"

"Stay with me until I recover."

Taehyun anxiously turned to Ria. The girl sim shrugged, surrendering the entire verdict to his hands. To her utter regret, Taehyun spun back to Blue with a kind smile and nodded. He willingly sat beside her, causing the mermaid to coo in joy as she wrapped a scaly arm around his own. Ria puckered her lips as she felt a pang inside her chest. Acting tough, she diverted her gaze elsewhere and marched towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Taehyun croaked.

"Kitchen." She bitterly replied without looking back. "Gotta help those dudes before they set this ship on fire."

Ria heavily sighed as the cold breeze finally hit her face. Closing the door behind her, she sauntered straight to the port-side deck. She could hear Blue giggling as Taehyun belted a lame joke. Her high-pitched voice reverberated past the thin walls of the cabin, as if they were ghastly cackles permeating the atmosphere. Ria sat on an upturned crate. Unbeknownst to her, Beomgyu had abruptly abandoned the wheel to join her. His scarred palms met Ria's shoulders, causing her to jolt in surprise. The earth bender lightly laughed before rolling his eyes.

"What's the matter?" He asked with a teasing grin. "Where's Taehyun?"

"He's inside," Ria cocked her head towards the cabin. "Taking care of Blue."

"Ah, the mermaid? I see. You seem pissed though. Did something happen?"

"Everything's fine."

"You know, there's a special place in hell for liars and tale-folks alike." Beomgyu playfully elbowed her. "Come on, tell me. It's okay."

"Boy, I have no beans to spill." Ria seized a pretend-snicker. "Seriously."

"Not believing you. Are you perhaps hurting because of Taehyun?"

"Don't put him in the picture."

"Who not? It does seem like it."