Chapter 210: Endeavor's wake up call

Start from the beginning

"You know, whatever it is the both of you want to say to eachother, say it. I can keep a secret." (Y/n) said in a sigh.

"What?" Endeavor turned to (y/n).

"Well, its clear you want to say something and not just here to support Shoto. Otherwise you'd be somewhere else in this stadium." She then tured to All Might. "As for All Might, he always has something in mind so i wont say anything about that. So you two better start talking."

All Might trie to bring her back down. "(Y/n) calm down. If he doesn't-"

"No.. Shes right All Might." Endeavor admitted, his arms still crossed.

"So whats on your mind?" All Might started.

Endeavor tightened his jaw and kepts quiet.

"To be honest, theres nothing i can say now." All Might stated looking back at the examination below.

"Do you know? The crime rate this month is three percent higher than the same period this year but ive always tried harder than anyone else to solve more crimes. Im putting in more effort." Endeavor's jaw tightened. "But i heard that something intangible you single-handedly built is slowly crumbling away. The former number one hero.. What is the symbol of peace?"

His question stunned the two beside him. A hearfelt question for someone who has no idea what to do next.

"Ive entrusted everything to Shoto. I've already climbed to the No.2 spot when i was 20. Because of this, i know in my heart that i couldn't have done this based on my abilities alone. If i just wanted a title, i could have sucked it up but i wanted to be stronger than anyone."

"This is not like you." All Might commented while (y/n) chuckled.

"Just answer the question!" He said, his flames fuming.

"The symbol of peace... To be honest, i dont know either. For a long time, i believed that the country needed a symbol. So i thrusted forward. The brilliant ray is hope and a warning. I swore to align myself with Such an implication. That was what sustained me. At that time everyone wore a worried expression on their faces no matter how many heroes there are, the number of crimes never went down. People used to be more afraid then."

"Are you reffering to your old partner?" Endeavor asked.

"Endeavor, i understand the situation you're in. I hear what people are saying. They keep comparing you to me but you're different. You have no need to persue the symbol i created. you just need to carve your own path."

(Y/n) wanted to comment on their conversation, this wasn't her place so she figured she'd just keep quiet but even the two knew.

"Go ahead." Endeavor Glanced at her.

"I know i have no right to say anything but... you keep talking how to be a better hero for the country but you dont even take the time to look at yourself from their angle. You do know they look at you like some arrogant prick right?"

All Might choked on his own saliva and pulled (y/n) back.

"Im sorry but you have to understand im not telling you this to insult you. Im telling you this so you can improve because to be frank, no one else will tell you what they actually think." This time she turned to Endeavor with a serious look in her face. "You want to improve so bad? Look at yourself first. No need to change everything but you have to polish everything about you and im not talking about quirks or abilities."

She turned away and sighed.

"Find what it is that pushes you to become stonger than you were before. Cherish it. Protect it."