BreadPitt: He doesn't sound like an asshole, though

Notyourgirl: He really is not.

BreadPitt: He could've taken advantage of you after he learned about your feelings for him. I heard this kind of shit going on a lot at work.

She bites her inner cheek, weighing if she should tell BreadPitt about her conversation with Luke. Does BreadPitt need to know that she twisted the story around just to get her out of this horrendous mess? No. She has learned from her mistake. No more T.M.I.

Notyourgirl: I guess I was just lucky.

BreadPitt: D'you know what funny is? Something seems off about that man...

Notyourgirl: Huh?

BreadPitt: Like, this guy sounds like a dreamy human being. Successful, good-looking, popular, and kind. Is he even real? He sounds like a character in a cheesy novel!

Notyourgirl: I'm not sure where you want to go with this, but he is real. At least I'm not making up a story about him.

BreadPitt: That's not what I said. I mean this guy must have negative sides. He can't be that perfect

Notyourgirl: And I never said he's perfect. Where did you get that idea?

BreadPitt: Yeah, okay

BreadPitt: Maybe I'm just jealous.

BreadPitt: of him.

Notyourgirl: Why?

BreadPitt: Look at me. Right, you can't. I mean, I may be lucky with how I look, but I'm jobless, broke, and stuck with my mom because I can't afford to live alone. I know I can be fun, but I can be fucking nasty to someone, too. And the shittiest part is, while this guy is real to you, sharing daily activities with you, I'm not. I'm not real to you.

Notyourgirl: You're real to me.

BreadPitt: Come on, you know what I mean. All we did in the past few weeks is just talk. Exchanging messages to be precise. But I know nothing about you except for what you eat for lunch, your lil problem at work, and your blonde profile picture. We have no clue about who we are in real life.

BreadPitt: I know we agreed to keep it this way. But still, it gets me sometimes.

Notyourgirl: But it doesn't mean we're not real. We just

Cobie's fingers hover over the keyboard, trying to find the correct word for what she's going to say. Despite his playful nature since the day they met, BreadPitt sounds edgy tonight. What's happening with him? This guy never went off like this about their situation because they both know the distance wouldn't help much if they wanted to meet in real life. And it's not like he never met up with other chicks on the site who live nearby and slept with them.

Notyourgirl: ...being realistic?

Notyourgirl: Is everything alright by the way? You sound a bit irritable tonight.

BreadPit doesn't reply for a while. Cobie shrugs as she gets up from her chair to resume packing up. Something must have happened to him. But if he doesn't want to talk about it, there is nothing she can do about it.

BreadPitt: I went to the kitchen for a glass of water; my throat was super dry. I had too many drinks with the boys. And the brownies lol. And sorry for being cranky. My brain is going wonky at the moment. Didn't mean to trash your guy, though