She smiled sadly. "No."

"No?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No. I will always do whatever it takes to keep you safe. To keep us safe."

Finally, he leaned forward and put his head on her chest. She slipped her arms around his back while he hid the fact that he was crying into her chest.

"I need you." He murmured.

She pulled away, concerned. "I'm right here."

"I need you." He yanked her forward. The water sloshed.

"Tris, you're injured." She said quietly.

"I need to be closer to you." He begged.

She leaned into him, kissing him.

*

Chrissy was woken early by a phone call. She answered it, tired. "Hello?"

"I really wanted y'all to sleep but... Sloane's in labor."

She says up straighter. "How long?"

"Almost eight hours, I wanted... I know..."

"Just tell me where, Micah, I'll be there." She replied.

He fed her the address. "Chrissy..."

She waited a moment.

"Chrissy, I'm terrified." He admitted, lowering his voice.

"Well, you know I used to work in the church daycare. She'll be surrounded by people who love her, and so will you and Sloane."

He sighed deeply. "Thank you. I needed that."

"Go hold Sloane's hand and tell her I'll be there in thirty." Christine urged.

"Okay." He said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Micah." Chrissy hung up the phone, and put it down. She leaned over Tristan, who was lying on his stomach. She ran her hand up his spine and kissed the back of his neck.

"Tris," she murmured, he stirred a little, "baby, Sloane's in labor. I'm going to the hospital."

"I'll go." He mumbled.

"No, you should rest." She told him, running her fingers through his hair. She remembered her own trauma, and continued. The last thing she needed was to be alone. "I'll call up Ryn and Jasper. They can stay until I get back to help you out."

He turned and looked at her. "Thank you."

She nodded and kissed his lips. "I need to be there for my brother today."

"I love you." He said.

"More than words can say." She murmured back.

She took a moment to wrap her arms around him and snuggle.

"Ow."