Chapter four; page twenty six

The three of them were sitting at Wolf’s dinner table, and in the middle of the table were bottles of soju that uncle kyung had brought for some family bonding time - but were now being used as an awkward way to break the ice. Gray was sitting straight up in his chair with his eyes downcast, and Uncle Kyung had decided to try to alleviate the silence by whistling, nervously glancing around the table. Wolf, on the other hand, was staring at the both of them with an intimidating gaze.

    “So - uh, who’s this-” Uncle Kyung started, and Gray had opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted.

    “No one, he’s no one.” Wolf deadpanned.

    “Oh, don’t be rude to your friends Wolf.” Uncle replied with his typical parent voice, and Wolf scoffed. Meanwhile, Gray shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

    “Anyways, you still haven’t answered my question yet. Why are you here?”

    He watched Gray and his Uncle glance at each other, as if trying to decide who’ll talk first. In the end, it was of course Uncle Kyung who took the initiative. Clearing his throat, he put on his best innocent face and eagerly popped open one of the bottles, following up with a “I just wanted to check on you, son!” Rolling his eyes, Wolf cleared his throat as well. “With Soju? Really?” Uncle Kyung nodded eagerly, his face lifting into a joyful smile. “Of Course! Well I figured that since it’s your day off, I could come by and we can hang out for a bit.” It was a typical wholesome familial response, and probably super reasonable - but Wolf knew he probably had some other reason up his sleeve, afterall he is Uncle Kyung.

“Or, you just want to use my TV to watch your soccer match since auntie doesn’t let you use the TV back home.”

Uncle Kyung’s smile became tighter, as he clapped his nephew on the back with a jolly laugh. “Oh-ho-ho, you know me so well, I can’t hide anything from you can I?”

“Yeah yeah, whatever, go ahead just don’t stain my couch.” And just like that, Uncle Kyung was gone - gleefully zooming his way to the living room with a bottle in hand. When they heard the TV start up, and the sound of Uncle Kyung rapidly switching channels, Wolf turned to face Gray. He didn’t have to ask him anything, Gray already knew what he was going to say. So before Wolf could say anything, Gray sighed and broke his posture.

“Look - Wolf, don’t freak out. But I need a place to stay.”

Despite Gray already giving him a warning, he freaked out.

"No, no no no no no - oh fuck no." Wolf wheezed out, his head hitting the table in frustration.

Gray winced at his reaction. "Listen-"

"Listen?-" Wolf popped up from the table. "Listen!? What, you-you can't just fucking do that man! I don't even know you!" Unable to keep his voice down, he looked as if he was ready to pull his hair out. "Why me? Huh? Why?" He asked accusingly, crossing his arms.

All that Gray could do in that moment was look down in shame, a tight feeling gathering in his chest. "Because…" He paused, contemplating his next words. "You're all I have left."

Hearing this, Wolf let out a deep sigh of anger. "Go sleep in a bathhouse or something, you can't live here."

"I can't.."

"Why not?"

"It's dangerous." Despite his monotone expression Gray seemed a lot more skittish, nervously picking at his jacket sleeve, still unable to look Wolf in the eyes - Wolf got the memo. "Then book a motel."

"I can't."

"Why?" Wolf exhaled, annoyed.

"I … don't have money."

"Great. Just great."

Weak Hero: Satellite (Graywolf: Wolf Keum x Gray Yeon)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें