Chapter Two; Page Thirteen

Running, he was running. He didn't know why. But he was running.

He swerved through alleyways and sidewalks with Gray in tow, practically rag dolling behind him.

Despite how much he tried to pry away from Wolf's grip on his wrist, Wolf just continued speeding past all the shady motels and pop-up bars. Past the squatting alleyway twenty-somethings smoking under their umbrellas, and the stray kittens that cautiously scrambled out of his way. All Wolf could feel at the moment was adrenaline pumping through his veins and rain droplets cooling his skin. He heard the loud sounds of the rainstorm passing him by and the sound of his heavy feet splashing through storm drain puddles on the street.

And before he knew it, he came face to face with the red bricked wall of a nearby convenience store, only stopping himself an inch away from it in hopes that he wouldn't faceplant from the whiplash of his abrupt stop- Which he didn't.

- That is, until Gray came crashing in behind him, also as a result of the whiplash. And Wolf's face was then, painfully smushed right into the rough bricks all while Gray was lucky enough to be protected by the safety of his back.

The image was comical, and earned a couple of humorous looks from the two or three bystanders watching the entire ordeal through the pouring rain. Two completely grown men, one whose face was buried into a wall, and the other one who was back-hugging him.

Now that's a story to tell.

If not for the burning scratches on his nose bridge from his contact with the brick texture, he would've been too embarrassed to lift his face off the wall in hopes that would just disappear from the unwanted attention. But the scratches he got didn't just hurt, they actually burned. Most likely because there was a ton of dirt and such all over the texture, which meant that Wolf had dirt in his wounds.

And, To add insult to injury, Gray was still hugging him.

So in short, Wolf was very frustrated.

"Fucking- I- Fuck! Fuck you, fuck everyone, fuck this fucking wall-" He turned and cussed to the night sky, as if blaming it for his bad day. He hasn't been this uncontrollably frustrated in awhile, because god, he was annoyed.

Understandably of course; his morning was an entire shit show, he was late to work, his juniors were too noisy, and now he has to deal with both Gray and his own bleeding face full of wall-dirt. Perfect, just perfect. Wolf was having a perfect day.

Angry, annoyed, and scratched up, he turned to face Gray who was currently slouching on the wall looking like a wounded soldier (which only made Wolf feel more annoyed.) And the both of them spent some time bent over, panting to catch their breath while trying not to tip over from exhaustion.

"Let's-" Gray managed to choke out, his voice rough. "Let's go inside for now-"

And, though Wolf wasn't too interested in spending more time with Gray, he supposed that taking shelter from the rain would be a good idea. Especially since there were probably basic first-aid supplies in the store that he could use to patch up his face. So he reluctantly nodded, and lazily followed behind Gray who was already pulling the glass door open.

When they entered, Wolf felt the air from the overhead air conditioner travel down his drenched dress shirt, making him fight back a shiver. The place was much more peaceful than the chaos of the rainstorm outside, which was a pretty good change of pace, since his entire night until now had been a moist mess.

The two of them split up, Gray looking around assumedly for a table, and Wolf going up and down the aisles for medical supplies- as cheesy pop songs from the local radio station echoed through the entire store. Wolf managed to gather some much needed items, such as alcohol wipes, bandaids and medical tape. He also took two ₩1000 water bottles from the cooler in hopes that he at least could save up some cash for a taxi.

Arms full of items, he approached the cashier to ring them in.

The cashier was a kid- well more like a highschool kid (At this point anyone who was younger than 27 looked like a fetus in his mind)- he had his earphones in and didn't look up at Wolf even once during their exchange, his eyes either on the register or on his phone. And Wolf just stood there in awkward silence, half attentive and half focused on the pop tunes that were playing ,waiting for the kid to hand him his plastic bags.

Teenagers nowadays, he swore. The kid, after what felt like an hour, finally managed to pack up all the items- not including the water bottles, and looked up at him to hand him his bag.

One glance at Wolf's bloodied and scratched up face was more than enough for him to change his expression from lazy, to hyper-aware of Wolf's existence.

Wolf, who noticed his change in demeanor, smirked in amusement. And, a "Thanks kid." was all that Wolf left him with, taking the bag off the counter and turning back to search for Gray.

For all the shitty things that had happened so far, that was probably the most enjoyable part.

But that didn't mean that he wasn't salty about it anymore.