Chapter One; Page five

Right, he wasn't wearing pants.

Although Gray wanted very much just to leave and never come back, he unfortunately couldn't find his pants in the Dryer, and had no idea whatsoever where his pants were- (hopefully somewhere within Wolf's apartment since Wolf had collected his clothes and washed them.)

So Gray turned, and silently stared Wolf straight in the eyes expectantly, as if mentally questioning him. Of course, Wolf was only able to respond in an awkward stare and a bashful scratch to the back of his neck.

"I don't have 'em. Sorry about that?" Wolf stated unsurely under Gray's gaze. And after another beat of silence, Gray let out another inaudible sigh and (almost aggressively) slowly slid his socks on one after another. He made sure to leave Wolf's clothes neatly folded and hung up on the open Dryer door.

"But, uh-" Gray watched Wolf scurry to the bedroom and back.

"Here- you can wear this instead, I guess." He emerged from the bedroom with a messily folded pair of Grey sweatpants.

Wolf extended his arm to hand the clothing to Gray- and without hesitation- Gray accepted it, taking the pants into his hands and examining them.

They were branded and looked expensive. Aside from the obvious, the sweatpants were a good material, stretchy and airy, but thick enough to keep him warm.

A necessity, especially because fall was just two months away- last year Gray barely made it through the cold, and luckily the most he caught was a fever. (Although buying medicine was a gigantic blow to his wallet.) and since he didn't want to go through the same thing again, he graciously accepted the pants with no regard for his other- now lost pair of pants.

He needed the dress pants for his gig, but staying warm was more of a priority. Since he was planning to leave Wolf's apartment and never come back, chances are, he gets to keep the sweatpants.

After surveying the pair, he finally slid the pants over his legs. And he was correct, the pants were definitely comfy. Although, since Wolf was a couple of inches taller than him - significantly taller than he remembered him to be- and was also meatier than him in general; The waistband was quite loose, and the pant legs draped over his feet a little bit.

Overall, it was nothing that Gray couldn't deal with, oversized was better than nothing. Plus, Gray wanted to take advantage of an opportunity to gain a free pair of nice pants, and Wolf's immeasurable hospitality.

As he was tying the waist-string, Gray caught a whiff of that smoky wet smell and slightly scrunched his nose in disgust. At this point, he's already put two and two together and learned that it wasn't the apartment that emitted the smell, it was the scent of just Wolf.

So of course all of Wolf's belongings smelt like this, including the sweatpants.

Unfortunately, the sweatpants.

Nevertheless, Gray still wanted them. It made his nose itch, but he could bear with it until he found another pair somewhere. Afterall, he'd have to buy another pair of dress pants to replace his last pair anyways- it's been years since he's replaced those pants, and they were already quite unsightly, so perhaps meeting Wolf again was a good thing- Materialistically, that is.

He wasn't too keen on the concept of Wolf being one of his clients, nor was he, on the concept of Wolf's existence in general; but he could deal with it for now.

Though, in order to buy new dress pants, Gray needed his pay. And in order to work his part-time, he needed his Dress Pants. So on a whim, completely out of desperation.

Gray, completely emotionless, asked Wolf the question.

"Are you planning on paying me or not."