I am glad to have a wall between me and Schlatt. But I couldn't help looking at his horrible face. I don't want to look, I don't want to be reminded of all he had done to me. But a niggling fear wormed in my stomach forcing me to watch him. The fear he would escape and take me with him if I looked away for a split second. 

Every time his eyes seem to land on me, I am reminded of who I was in the city.  How I had screamed and wailed and then ultimately complied under his orders. The look on his face when I would come up gasping for air, my hair soaking wet from the water. He wouldn't smile, but he would pretend to sympathise with me, pretend to wish he didn't want to hurt me. When I was brainwashed, he would offer his arm like a gentleman, talk politely, let me keep things like they were special, always pretend to care. 

Sam stood menacingly by the door that lead into the interrogation room. Inside, Schlatt was chained to the Blackstone walls with Netherite cuffs on his ankles and wrists. Antfrost and Bad were guarding just outside the door. I was startled when I saw Badboyhalo at a regular human height. I was so used to seeing him in his naturally giant form, it hadn't occurred to me that a devil could shrink to whatever size he pleased. 

Tubbo, Tommy and Ranboo sit around the table we have in the centre of the room. It was empty now, but I knew soon documents of all sorts would be strewn across it. The mercenary girl, still hidden behind her hood, leans on the wall. 

I jump when I feel something brush my ankle, I look down and see Ranboo's tail. When had he gotten up? I look to my side and see him there. He puts an arm around my shoulders comfortingly. 

"⊬/⋏, ⏁⊑⟒⍀⟒'⌇ ⋏⍜ ⌿⍜⟟⋏⏁ ⟟⋏ ⍙⏃⏁☊⊑⟟⋏☌ ⊑⟟⋔," he tells me quietly. I notice Tubbo perk up and I wonder if he's learnt some Enderian. The girl looks the most intrigued by the strange language on our tongues. It was almost strange to me too, I had become so used to Ranboo speaking English. 

"⟟ ☍⋏⍜⍙, ⏚⎍⏁ ⟟ ☊⏃⋏'⏁ ⌰⍜⍜☍ ⏃⍙⏃⊬," I say turning back to the cell. I felt numb inside. Schlatt couldn't see us through the glass, to him it would look like another wall, but I swear to the gods that he's staring right into my soul. 

"⟟ ☍⋏⍜⍙ ⍙⊑⏃⏁ ⊬⍜⎍ ⋔⟒⏃⋏, ⏚⎍⏁ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⎅⍜⟒⌇⋏'⏁ ⋔⟒⏃⋏ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⊬⍜⎍ ⌇⊑⍜⎍⌰⎅ ⏚⟒ ⌰⍜⍜☍⟟⋏☌," he sighs. I lean my head on his shoulder. 

We feel the same way about this. When Schlatt is around, we change. Our brains switch to survival mode, take in all surroundings, expose all threats. It was terrifying to me, that one person could do that to another. It shows how delicate we are despite the strength of our armour. 

I'm jolted from my daze by the sound of rushing footsteps and yelling. I know both the voices like the back of my hand. Dream is first to bust through the door, his mask looking more menacing than usual and his voice more desperate than it had been for a while. 

A/N: strongly suggest you loop Cornfield Chase by Dorian Marko as you read this next section. I was listening to it when I wrote this and I swear to god it made everything SO MUCH BETTER LIKE I JUST GAHHHHH

"Y/N, are you ok?" the words fall from his mouth hard and fast as he sweeps me into an embrace. I hold him tightly as he grips the back of my neck and my lower back like his life depends on it. I feel sadness pang in my chest and my eyes threaten to tear as I realise the extent of his worry.