Chapter 45- The Last Dance Part 2

Brendan POV

The Battle restarted and Elio Hilda and I immediately pressed the attack. I used a Leafstorm to shield Emboar from the Toxtricity that sent a lightning bolt that way, I then swiveled my head and noticed Gallade coming right for me, I had Sceptile use Leaf Blade and clash with him. Elio sent a blast the way of the weakend Infernape, and Hilda charged forward, Infernape jumped back to avoid Hilda, but got caught by Elio's attack and that did it in. I yelled happily and shoved Elio. He pointed to Grant, "More where that came from big boy!" Grant snarled back and I laughed and put my arm around Elio. He's been lights out after what we thought was a shaky start.

We huddled back up and Calem yelled, "YES! THATS WHAT I WANT TO SEE!" I shook my head, "Be careful, we gotta make sure they don't get back in this, Elio, Hilda, you guys are the primary targets, because Emboar is hurt and Primarina is tired." Calem nodded, "Good call." We then clapped our hands and went back out.

Pasio University vs Mauville of Hoenn

1. Ethan Typhlosion X Jack Altaria X
2. Hilda Emboar Elliot Infernape X
3. Hilbert Samurott X Kayden Gengar X
4. Elio Primarina Grant Toxtricity
5. Brendan Sceptile Wally Gallade
6. ??? Matisse Meowstic

Score 3-2
Scoring plays:
Kayden>Ethan 0-1
Jack>Hilbert 0-2
Brendan>Jack 1-2
Hilda>Kayden 2-2
Elio>Elliot 3-2

Hilda POV

We trotted back out to the field. I can be proud of myself today, I think I did good. But I don't want to be done yet. The Battle restarted and we once again charged forward, not looking to give them a second to breathe, immediately before I could even get a head of steam Emboar fell to a psyshock from Meowstic. I stood there in shock and Matisse looked at me from across the field, he chuckled and turned back to his sideline. Grant said something to Elio, but Elio had already turned back and didn't care. Wally was staring down Brendan, who met his gaze, and they continued to stare each other down as they walked back. We got back and Calem looked at me, "It's ok. You did great Hilda." He shook his head, "That psyshock, you can't see it, you can't block it, you just have to know." Elio sighed, "Any tips?" Calem racked his brain, "The eyes, if you notice a spark in its eyes, move." I saw Selene run up to Brendan, "Hey! Brendan!" He looked back and responded sharply, "What?" Selene said intently, "Wally's in your head! You're letting him force you into a 1 on 1! I saw Elio do the same thing that caused you two to fight, so don't go down that path ok?" Brendan's eyes changed to a less aggressive and more collected shape, he scratched his head, " Sorry. You're right. I'll be better." She patted him on the back, "Good man." She then walked back to where she was standing before. Calem looked at Elio and Brendan, "Welp. This is the last time. You guys ready to make some noise?" Brendan nodded, "Just... Before we go... You guys are my brothers. The result of this battle will change nothing. There's no two guys I'd rather take this field with." Elio smiled, "Same. Let's show them what we're made of!" Calem chuckled, "When I came to Pasio this year, I thought it would be a dead end that proved I was worthless. You guys changed that. Win or lose, I'm proud to call you guys my teammates." They all shared a group hug, then went out to the field together as I looked to the scoreboard.

Pasio University vs Mauville of Hoenn

1. Ethan Typhlosion X Jack Altaria X
2. Hilda Emboar X Elliot Infernape X
3. Hilbert Samurott X Kayden Gengar X
4. Elio Primarina Grant Toxtricity
5. Brendan Sceptile Wally Gallade
6. Calem Meowstic Matisse Meowstic

Score 3-3
Scoring plays:
Kayden>Ethan 0-1
Jack>Hilbert 0-2
Brendan>Jack 1-2
Hilda>Kayden 2-2
Elio>Elliot 3-2
Matisse>Hilda 3-3