50 || East and West

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I'll have some chorus fruit," I say as we kick our horses to go a little faster. We laugh and chat as we ride enjoying the sun. 

A funny patch of shade on the ground catches my eye. I swivel in the saddle and spot a crow flying not too far above us. I start slowing down and the crow lands on my shoulder, I notice the letter immediately. 

Ranboo stops and watches as I unfold the letter. 

"There's been a major development at the castle, they need me immediately," I look at Ranboo worriedly. 

"Then let's go!" he says and I kick Percy into a gallop. 

****

We canter through the gates and straight into the stables sending the staff into a tizzy. I don't bother taking off my armour as Ranboo and I sprint inside and rush to the meeting room. We don't see Eret once. 

As soon as we reach the tall spruce doors I bust them open and freeze. There are people everywhere. Generals and mayors shouted at each other at the top of their lungs, not one person was sitting. Spit flew and people were pointing and pacing. Ranboo and I stride to the front of the room without being noticed. We reach Sapnap and George at the head of the table where they were struggling to control the room. 

"What's happening?" I demand immediately. 

"The Dark Army is making huge advances on all sides," George explains. 

"These guys didn't take it well," Sapnap adds. 

I look around trying to pick up pieces of what the generals are saying but it's all just noise. The voices start becoming restless around all the noise. I feel the pressure building. I look at the map in the centre of the table and notice now many black markers were on the front lines and how many white markers had been removed since our last meeting. 

"EVERYBODY ATTENTION PLEASE!" I shout at the top of my lungs but it's completely lost in the room. I look to Ranboo who's just as stressed as I am. I look around for anything that would help me. Roll my shoulders uncomfortably in my armour wishing that I had taken it off. 

Wait. 

That's it. 

I reach over my shoulder and grab my axe. I look and George and Sapnap who had gone wide-eyed at my new stance. 

With an almighty swing, I bring my axe down on the centre of the table. A massive crack sounds through the room as the table splits down the middle in a fine line right to its centre. Thankfully it doesn't break in half. Somehow, the map and markers stay in their places. 

Everybody looks at me now. 

"EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I scream at them. I must look mad, filthy and in my battle armour with my bloody axe stuck in the middle of the table. They're frozen in place like dears in headlights. 

I rip the axe out of the table and mentally wince knowing how pissed off Eret will be. George, Sapnap and Ranboo are silent. 

I swear I hear a pin drop. 

"Sit down and stop behaving like children!" I command straightening my crown and take out a hair tie to pull my hair out of my face. They listen and obey silent sitting in their seats again looking embarrassed. I wish Dream was here.