33) My Home

She stood there frozen at the same spot

She was sweating even on the cold winter night.

For a second her mind became spotless, a sudden creepiness crawled up her body.

She could not let go of that image of that boy standing at the corner, staring at her for long minutes as if trying to find out some hidden truth of her soul.

How could she not perceive that look in his eyes?

It was creepy and haunting.

It was one of the scariest moments of her life which brought back the suppressed memories of the past.

"Are you fine?"

Like a warm sunlight diluting the cold in the winter, the concern in his pleasant voice diluted the fright which was creeping inside her, tucking her back to the present.

She looked up in his concerned eyes and with a small smile she answered him, "Why won't I be fine.I am absolutely perfect."

Vikram who was falling in love with her sweet smile with each passing day somehow found this smile of hers more plain.

It was mundane, with no shine in her eyes.

"Are you sure? " he again asked.

For a second a thought of sharing this incident with them crossed her mind however she threw this thought out of her mind as soon as it arrived.

She only glanced ahead of her, only four steps ahead where Rudra and Digvijay were standing, a frown etched on their faces.

She just smiled, giving them a nod of assurance.

A sigh passed through her lips as she felt the sudden warmness enclosing her sides as she sat idle between Rudra and Digvijay.

Every now and then her mind wandered to that boy.

Why was he there? Wasn't he afraid of getting caught? How brave he was to stand there and stare me directly in the eyes. He must be some rebellious teen, trace passing rich places and properties to look cool in front of his peers.

Yes that's what it must be.

Suddenly she felt a sudden jerk which brought her back from her thoughts.

The trio looked at the blank look on her face.

She was sitting with her shoulders slumped down and her eyes casted to nothing, the red hue on her delicate face had disappeared somewhere and all they could see was her white face as pale as white sheets.

Grabbing her from her waist, Rudra settled her petite body over his lap breaking the trail of her thoughts.

"What happened, Love? Why aren't you saying anything?" cupping her soft cheeks he asked.