sixteen » Yoongi's (definitely not) unexpected girlfriend

Dear N,

Of course, I respect your wishes.

I just wish we could meet someday and probably start talking in person and on the phone too.

Just makes me very curious about you. Take your time, I will wait.

:)

Btw, how was your weekend? I had lots of fun and made a new friend!

I hope we'll also go to places in the near future.

As always, I will wait for your reply.

And... I think I like you too <3

Yours,

Y.

***

Namjoon was happy, to say the least. He also had a fun weekend and also made a new friend. And on top of that, Arin respected his wish to not disclose identities so fast. And most importantly, she liked him back! Namjoon was currently having the best Monday possible.

She wrote 'Yours, Y' where Y definitely meant Yoon from Yoon Arin. Right? Besides, Arin liked people to call her by her surname only. Almost everyone Namjoon had seen had conversed with her by her surname only. Not did Namjoon actually go talk to her, but he knew only a close group of friends were allowed to call her by her first name. Who knew, maybe she liked her surname more than her name?

He was walking without care of the people around him, hands in his trousers while whistling. He had to go to meet Yoongi at the cafeteria, and he was walking as if on clouds. He couldn't help it y'all, he was happy. Let the man be happy because...

A head bumped into his chest, and Namjoon halted, panicking. He had bumped into someone, and being Namjoon he was afraid he had broken something. Looking down, a very familiar human had bumped into him.

"Oh hey, Yuna," Namjoon crouched down to help her gather her books which had fallen down, "Sorry, I didn't see you."

"No issues, Namjoon," Yuna smiled at him when they were done, and Namjoon did not miss the crinkle of her eyes, "Hope you had a good weekend."

"I did, all thanks to you," Namjoon explains, taking some books from her hand which seem too much for her lifting capacity, "I was thinking about our getaway the whole time."

"I was too," she said, and then added, "Why did you take my books?"

"I will help you take them because clearly, you're too small to lift so many. Tell me, where are we going?"

"Are you teasing me based on my height?" Yuna asked in mock anger, and Namjoon did not miss how her lips formed into a pout.

"No, come on! I love tiny, cute things."

"Fine," Yuna huffed, her pout still being pretty visible, "I will listen to you only this once."

"Come on, don't be mad." Namjoon teased her further, "Where are we going, miss?"

"The library. I have to return these books."

"Okay, let's go, miss small."

***

"Is this all?"

"Yes. Thank you for helping me, Namjoon," Yuna thanks him, and he smiles.

"No problem. Where are you heading now?"

"Probably to the cafeteria for lunch, after finding my friend, but I'm not sure where she is.

"Oh? Why don't you join me? I'll have my friends too," Namjoon offers her. Well, better to eat with a company than have lunch all alone

"Okay, sure. Let me just text her," Yuna quickly typed away a text to Arin about where to find Yuna during lunch.

"That reminds me," Namjoon said after Yuna was done texting, "We never exchanged numbers. I mean, Ara does have mine, but I don't have yours."

"Yep," Yuna agrees, and slides her phone in his hand, "enter yours."

Namjoon quickly types in his number, and Yuna takes her phone back from him, typing and sending a small 'Hey, this is Yuna :)' to him so that he has her number. "There you go."

"Yes, got yours too."

"Hey, Joon! Come here, let me introduce you to someone!" Yoongi spots Namjoon and waves him to come towards him, and Namjoon says, "That's my friend. Come, let's go."

"Yoongi Hyung, Hobi, this is Yuna, my friend," Namjoon introduces Yuna, "And Yuna, this is Min Yoongi, and Jung Hoseok, my friends."

"Hello, Yuna, nice to meet you," Hoseok shakes his hands with Yuna while Yoongi just nods and smiles at her.

"Joon, this is my girlfriend, Arin."

"Oh my god, you didn't tell me, you traitor," Yuna exclaimed excitedly as she crashed into a hug with Arin, and then turned to Yoongi, "Sunbae, she may be your girlfriend, but she's my friend before yours. You will not steal her from me," she said, and Yoongi connected the dots. Arin agreed with Yuna, chuckling over Yoongi's face.

"How do you know Namjoon?" Hoseok asked Yuna after everyone had settled down to have their lunch.

"He tutors my younger sister, so that's how we became friends," Yuna smiled. Everyone nods and starts to eat.

"Hey," Arin nudged Yuna's shoulder after a while, and the latter looked over at her, "Do you think the N person is Namjoon? Same initials," whispering, she points out.

"I didn't think of that. But  there can be various people having an N in their name, what are the odds?" Yuna looked over to Namjoon. He had a wave of slight anger in his eyes, which did not go unseen by her.

"What happened?" she mouthed after he had looked over at her, and he shook his head, mouthing back a 'Nothing'.

But Yuna knew it definitely wasn't nothing, especially how he glared at his own Hyung.