22 - Washington DC

Okay, I think that's everyone," said Mr. Harrington. Cassie stood with the rest of the Academic Decathlon team in front of the yellow school bus, reading to board for their trip to DC.

Ned leaned in a whispered to Cassie. "Where is he? I thought he said he was gonna come."

"He'll be here don't worry, Ned," she told him. And like it was on cue, Peter Parker came running up to the bus with his bags.

"Peter!" exclaimed Betty, being the first one to see him.

"He guys, I was wondering if I could still rejoin the team?" he asked.

"No, no way. You can't just quit and then stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone." Flash said, walking towards him very pissed off.

Mr. Harrington then appeared back to the group from the bus. "Hey! Welcome back, Peter! Flash, you're back to first alternate."

"What?"

Abe spoke up from the back of the group. "He's taking your place."

"Hey, can we go already?" MJ interrupted. "I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassy's before lunch."

Mr. Harrington answered. "Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus."

The team started to put their bags away underneath the bus and board. Peter walked up to approach Ned and Cassie. "Hey guys," he said. "You ready to track down some bad guys?"

"I was born ready," Ned said. "I'm not the guy in the chair for nothing. Wait, Cassie! You can be the girl in the chair! Oh my god, we're gonna have so much fun."

Before Cassie could speak, she felt something pulling on her arm. She turned to see Liz with a big smile on her face. "Cassie come on! You're sitting with me!"

As she continued to get pulled away she gave a glance towards the boys. "Sorry boys, I'll see you on the bus."

She followed Liz onto the bus, taking a seat next to her near the front. "I can't wait for this trip, rooming together is gonna be a blast!"

"Yes! We're gonna have so much fun!" Cassie surprised herself with how much she liked Liz. Next to Peter, she was probably one of her closest friends at Midtown. Rooming with Liz would prove to be difficult when it came to Spider-Man and Pythia stuff but she would figure that out, Peter.

They talked as everyone else began to board the bus. Ned and Peter were the last to get on, smiling at them as they passed by. Liz nudged her on the should as they part. "Ugh every time I see Peter he just gets more and more adorable!" she exclaimed. Cassie nodded at her comment, trying to hide her jealousy. Right, she thought. Liz still likes him and he still likes her. Nothing you can do about it. Even when he does move on from Liz, Cassie knew that MJ would be there for him to fall back on. She can't blame him though, who wouldn't fall in love with Zendaya, she just hoped that maybe things would be different now that she was a part of the world.

The trip started smoothly as everyone settled down for the four-and-a-half-hour drive. There was little to no conversation between people, everyone's faces stuffed in their phones, except for Cassie and Liz. Cassie had pulled out a book she had stolen from Tony's office while Liz was frantically looking over her flashcards. Liz gave out a troubled breath.

Cassie put her book down. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know if we're ready for this weekend. I mean, now that Peter's back we might stand a chance but still..."

"Why don't we practice? We have the bells right? We can practice on the bus."

She watched as Liz's face lit up. "That is a great idea, Cassie!" She shot up from her seat and turned to face everyone. "Listen up people!" The team could hear her call and began to slowly take off their headphones and look up at them. "We're gonna go over some more flashcards okay? Just to be safe."