5 - The Winter Soldier

After they landed, Tony, Nat, and Cassie were brought immediately to the compound. They entered the busy headquarters where they met Deputy Task Force Commander Everett Ross. Cassie felt like fangirling on the inside.

    "Ross, good to see you," Tony said, greeting Martin Freeman, or Everette Ross.

    "Good to see you too Stark," he turned to Cassie. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Everette. Everette Ross."

    "H-hi," was all Cassie could muster. "I'm Cassie... Tony's niece." She shook his hand, probably longer than she should have. From behind him, she could hear someone clearing their throat.

    "Ah yes, and this is Special Agent Sharon Carter."

    Sharon stepped forward to shake Cassie's hand. If it weren't for Falcon and the Winter Soldier, she wouldn't be disgusted as she was right now. "Hi Cassie, it's a pleasure to meet you."

    "Same," Cassie responded quickly. Maybe with her being here she could stop Sharon from becoming the Power Broker, or stop Thanos entirely - the one that caused the chain reaction.

    "Excuse us guys," Ross intervened. "We have to go greet our new guests." Ross and Sharon walked away to leave Nat, Tony, and Cassie alone in the room again.    

    "Holy shit that was amazing."

    "What?" Natasha asked.

    "Ross is a well-known actor on my earth. He's actually in something with another hero in this universe though he doesn't become a hero until later this year I think..." Cassie was cut off by the entrance of Sam and Steve.

    "For the record," Nat directed at Steve, "This is what making things worse looks like."

    Steve gave a simple response, "He's alive." And Cassie had to agree with him.

    "Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted," Tony added.

    Steve chuckled. "I'm not getting that shield back am I?"

    Steve and Nat started to walk away, clearly to do other important things when Nat called back, "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings too."

    "Ooh that's cold," Sam added.

    Cassie sat there, trying to decide to follow that or stay with Steve and Sam. She hesitantly started moving to follow Tony when Steve called out to her. "Hey," he started, "Things will get better right?"

    "Eventually... just have faith okay?" Cassie responded, keeping it vague.

    Sam nudged Steve's shoulder. "Who's the girl?" he asked.

    Steve looked towards Cassie. Unsure how to respond. "I'm Tony's niece, Cassie." She reached out and shook his hand. Holy shit it's Anthony Mackie. She thought.

    "Hi." He looked back at Steve again. "Why are you asking a little girl for answers?"

    Cassie started to mumble under her breath. "This is insane I am in a room with two Captain America's."

    Unfortunately, she wasn't as quiet as she thought. "Two Captain America's? Steve was is she on about?"

    "It's a long story come on, let's catch up to Stark."

    The three walked down a hallway until they reached a giant room with a glass office in the center. Tony, Nat, and Sharon already sat inside, watching Bucky's interrogation on a tv hanging from the ceiling. Cassie walked in a took a seat next to Sam and Nat but the other three decided to stay standing. Steve leaned on the table, crossing his arms and staring at the tv.