𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

"I would kiss you right here, but I think we've done enough damage for today." Jaemin teased.

Heeseung snorted at Jaemin's remark, "Just go back to your friends. I'm already getting tired of you."

Jaemin gasped, feigning offense. "Wow, I preferred the shy Heeseung. You know, the one who was actually nice."

"Well, too bad you're stuck with me. Now go away, I want to read."

Jaemin accepted his defeat and made his way back to his three friends. Yet even when he was away from Heeseung, he just can't seem to take his eyes off the boy. "We get it. You're in love, Jaem." Donghyuck noted halfway through the conversation.

And he was right, Jaemin thought an hour later when he was walking, hand in hand with Heeseung. The latter was rambling about the new book he was reading and as much as Jaemin had no idea what he was talking about, he still couldn't help but listen to his every word. "And that's where I am right now, but I'm still kind of confused by what the author is trying to achieve with the main character. He's kind of- Are you even listening to me?" Heeseung interrupted himself midsentence.

"Of course, I am." Jaemin replied, smiling his sweetest smile.

Heeseung on the other hand didn't fall for his charms this time. "Where are we going anyway?" He changed the topic instead. 

Jaemin shrugged and started swinging their locked hands back and forth. "You can choose. I'm fine with anything you want."

Heeseung gave Jaemin's
offer some thought, his mind wandering around the park they were walking through. Suddenly his eyes land on something, a place and a smile immediately appears on his face.

Heeseung tugged at Jaemin's hand to gain the boy's attention. Jaemin directed his attention onto Heeseung, humming to let the latter know that he was listening. "Did you decide?"

"Yes," Heeseung then pointed further down the park. Jaemin followed the boy's eyes only to be met with a huge ice-skating rink.

"You want to go there?" Jaemin slowly asked as his eyes made it back to Heeseung. The latter eagerly nodded and then started pulling Jaemin along with him.

After paying for their tickets, the pair made their way to the other booth to rent some skates. "I forgot to ask, but you know how to skate, right?" Heeseung asked as he tied his skates.

Jaemin went silent at this, making Heeseung check if he's still there. "I'm going to assume that's a no." He chuckled.

Jaemin sheepishly shook his head, then started pushing him off the seat. It didn't take long for the boy to lose his balance, but Heeseung was quick to hold him in place.

"Maybe you shouldn't try walking on your own." Heeseung said as an airy laugh escaped his lips. He let Jaemin hold onto him as he tried getting both of them to the entrance of the rink while he's walking backwards. "I'm going to step onto the ice and you're going to hold onto the edge, okay? I'll help you onto the ice after that."

Jaemin had no choice but to obey. He was at an disadvantage here, so he'd really only make a fool of himself if he didn't.

He watched as Heeseung made himself comfortable on the ice, skating a bit before making his way back to Jaemin. "Sorry for keeping you waiting." He apologized as he reached his hands out to help Jaemin.

"It's fine. You look like you were having fun." Jaemin smiled, but Heeseung didn't even see it. The latter hummed instead as he focused on getting Jaemin balanced on the ice without him getting hurt.

"If I knew you couldn't skate, I wouldn't have forced you. I'm sorry." Heeseung said as Jaemin took hold of the boards surrounding the rink.

"I told you to choose, so I'm going to try for you." Jaemin reassured the boy. "Now, go on. I want to see you skate, pretty boy."